I was really about to skip today. I'm just tired and worn out, and didn't have a particularly meaningful song for the day. But then I heard C laughing in the next room over...
C: Baby... "Uknoyoughettowhen" is trending on Twitter. You do the first two- bring your own food to the theater and use the stove for heat...
I can't even say anything- it's true!! Actually, my mom was the one who would leave the stove on for heat, in an apartment where our neighbors actually controlled the heat for the floor. But I wanted to bring food to the theater just last week! So of course I went on and found some more that I do.
UKnoYouGhettoWhen:
- you add water to the dish detergent to make it last longer
- you stock up on salt, sugar, ketchup, and napkins at McDonald's to use in your house
- the only Kool-Aid flavor you know is "Red"
- you steal your neighbor's WiFi
- you ride with the windows down in the summer because you think the AC is using up your gas
- your heart races whenever you see the cable (or PSE&G) guy on your block
- you have a big TV on the floor and a little on on top of it. The big TV broke ages ago
- you have tape around the batteries on your remote because you lost the back
- you don't have a dust pan...you have a designated piece of cardboard
- you tell your child to lie about their age when walking into a buffet (or train, movie theater, etc- my mom did this to me for the longest time!)
So...are you ghetto?!
...I am SO ghetto! And I didn't even know it! Ha ha ha
ReplyDeleteOMG this post made me giggle SO hard! I am SO ghetto, but down here in TX - they call it "redneck" or "whitetrash". I subscribe to all of the above! I do almost ALL of those things.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the flashback (to 1998 I think?) - I LOVE that song. I used to have a cassette tape of Mya that I would blast in my Chevy Cavalier. I thought I was SO cool. Ha!