Sunday, March 6, 2011

Where'd My Money Go? - Week of 2/28

One of the things I said I would do is track my spending. I decided I would share it, otherwise I will probably forget to write it down, or lose the paper. This way, I can be held somewhat accountable, and see what I'm spending on, and hopefully where I can cut back.

Week of 2/28
Monthly Bills
$822.75 - rent
$298.75 - monthly train ticket
$15.00 - freecreditreport.com
$5.34 - Netflix
Total= $1141.84

Extras
$26.39 - Applebee's (went for charity event for C's school)
$10 - Chicken parm dinner
$21 - cloves
$9 - 2 movie tickets via livingsocial
$6.39 - tomatoes
$200 - plan ticket to Florida for friend's wedding
$3.18 - milk for the office
$1. 50 - bottle of soda
total = $277.46

Saturday Night: Bachelorette Party
$30 - striptease class
$20 - dinner
$10 - karaoke + drinks
$20 - hookah and drinks at the club
$10 - taxi rides
total = $90

Grand Total = $1,509.30

Damn...that was an expensive first week!! I don't think I like this process very much...

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when I sit down and write out where all my money goes to. Makes me feel poor as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are tracking your spending! I LOVE anything to do with budgeting, personal finance, organization, etc.

    I have a suggestion though...on the $15/month that you are spending on freecreditreport.com. Evaluate if you *really* need that. I used to work for a bank and we would tell our customers about www.annualcreditreport.com. It's supposedly the only one that is truly free. Also, it is sponsored by TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. So - you could technically check your credit 3x/yr using that site by only checking one bureau at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete