Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jersey Girl!

Today I am linking up with Michelle over at A Little Bit of This and That! As she explains, "I thought it would be cool to see on a map where we all live. My original idea for this post was to ask you where y'all live, plot the cities in which you live on a map, and make a list of bloggers in each state so everyone could get to know new bloggers that live near them. I still plan on doing so but since I received such a wonderful response, I decided to tweak it a little bit and add a one-time link up! {my very first one :)}"





I currently reside in a small town near Princeton, NJ! I moved here to be with C, the boyfriend. But I'm a Jersey Girl through and through. I was born in raised in Northern Jersey (about 20 minutes outside of NYC). I think the best thing about where we live is its proximity to everything else! In about a half hour, I could be in 3 completely different areas- suburbs, country, city!



Some of my favorite things about New Jersey:

Great Entertainment Venues: basically all of Atlantic City, Starland Ballroom, Joey Harrison's Surf Club, Ortley Beach, Prudential Center, comedy clubs, bars/pubs, dance clubs
Outlet Malls...actually all the malls!
The quaint shops/boutiques in Montclair, Hoboken & Princeton
Going "Down The Shore" (Point Pleasant, Belmar, Cape May), boardwalks,  & Six Flags Great Adventure

Great food: Joe's Crab Shack, The Taco Truck, The Rutger's area "Grease Trucks" (haven't had it yet, but hopefully soon!), Halo Farms (freshest, best tasting dairy products ever), Trenton Tomato Pie (specifically DeLorenzo's --and yes, it IS different than pizza!)...not to mention Carlo's Bakery (the "Cake Boss" is down the street from where I work!) and Rat's (10 min away from where we live- the chef won Top Chef last season!! Yeahhh Kevin!



Fairs/ Festivals: Indo- American, Italian, Irish (legendary Hoboken St. Patty's Day Parade!)

 

And much more!! I'm actually going to a New Jersey vineyard this weekend! I'll be sure to update on how that goes! Hope you will join the link-up so I can see where you guys are from!!

7 comments:

  1. I went to preK and kindergarten in Belmar, so I have a soft spot in my heart for Jersey - thanks so sharing a bit about you and the state you adore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Thanks so much for linking up with me :) I love Jersey since I live in NY, I'm so close! I love that you work down the street from Cake Boss. That's awesome! I loved reading about where you live!!! Thanks again for linking up! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! :) I've never been to NJ, but I have been to PA and VA. I can't wait to go to NY - so jealous that you're so close to so much cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to NJ but it seems fun! I totally want to meet buddy from Cake Boss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been to NJ once, but it was when I was a little kid. I wouldn't mind visiting again, and hopefully I can meet Buddy from Cake Boss! Hah, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that is so cool that you work down the street from Cake Boss! :) How exciting!! I would love to go visit the area! & NY too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buddy from Cake Boss actually made a cake for the company I work for. He was supposed to show up and unveil it, but he had some event in NYC as well so he went there. We were all kinda mad- we wanted to meet him too! I'll post some pics of that soon.


    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete