Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tunery Tuesday - Where Are You Going? DMB


Where are you going
with your long face pulling down?
Don’t hide away like an ocean
But you can’t see, but you can smell
And the sound waves crash down

I am no superman
I have no reasons for you
I am no hero, ah that’s for sure
But I do know one thing
is where you are is where I belong

I do know, where you go, is where I want to be
Where are you going, where do you go?
Are you looking for answers
to questions under the stars?
Well, if along the way you are growing weary,
You can rest with me 'til a brighter day
You're okay
Where are you going, where do you go?
[interlude]

Tell me where are you going, where do you go?
Where?
Let's go.
-------------------------------------------

Today C and I had some serious talks. I don't like having serious discussions while I'm at work, or through text/GChat. I feel like body language and undertones are important, and sometimes words/phrases/messages can get mixed up when in text as opposed to in person. Plus, we are both doing different things- and we both had to actually do work at some point.

So while I'm not too happy about the way it came up (we were talking about playing the lottery, and then BAM! "Where are we going" convos- thanks for the segway honey!), I'm very happy we did discuss it. I didn't realize there were problems. I mean, I know that we have no money (or it feels that way most of the time), but there were other things that I didn't know about. I'm happy that he felt comfortable enough to bring it up and talking to me about it, even though it wasn't an easy conversation to have. At least the lines of communication are open, and we can start working on the problems and carrying the burden together.

No comments:

Post a Comment