Monday, March 28, 2011

Where'd My Money Go? - Week of 3/21



Monthly Bills
$0


Extras
Food
$6.00 - Wendy's dinner
$6.00 - lunch Thursday (I can never pass up pulled pork sandwiches- so bad!)

$10.00 - dinner Friday (I couldn't eat pizza again, C wasn't cooking, and I really wanted linguini w/ white clam sauce. And you know what? It was damn good!)
$4.00 - Cinnabon (after 6 hour trip to Tax friend, I felt I deserved a treat!)
Total
= 26.00


Transportation
$5.00 - subway fares to Tax friend
$11.50 - bus fares to Tax friend
$10.00 - train passes to Tax friend (It was 2 tickets- return- but the conductor never checked the 2nd one on the way back, so I can use it on another trip!)

Total = $26.50

Entertainment
$0 - movies (C's treat! We also had a Groupon)
$20.00 - cheeses for winery/beer for the apt
$1 - wines at winery (all that was left in my wallet; C covered the rest)
$5.00 - "Jackass" movie rental (On Demand...for C. I fell asleep 1/4 through it. Hasn't hit account yet though)

Total = $26.00

Grand Total = $78.50

Ooooops. Finally did a  breakdown of the "Extras" - and I spent equal amounts in food (take out), transportation, and entertainment. That is nooo good. On the bright side, I only have to see "Tax friend" (a family friend who does my taxes for me, for FREE!) once a year. I am learning that I spend waste the most amount of money on take out food and entertainment. Those are two easy fixes that I will be working on for the future.
 
On the bright side, I got my taxes done! And will be getting a pretty penny (all going towards the hopeful India trip)! Sah-weeet! Also, I will be emptying the change jar and putting the little bit I have been saving into an ING High-Yield savings account on Friday (April 1st- new beginnings!).
 
Also, I will be starting the "30 in 30 Remix Challenge" on Friday to curb spending on clothing. I haven't spent much on clothing lately, but the new spring lines are looking mighty inviting!
 
Are you doing anything to help save money??

3 comments:

  1. I think most of my money is spent on food, too! Ugh! It's just so much easier...and worse on my figure, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you post where your money went each week! And OMG I haven't had linguine-n-clams in forever. Yum. I also spend most of our $ on food - whether it's eating out or at the grocery store.

    To help save $ I am trying to stay w/in our budget (using cash only helps!), trying to limit trips into town since gas is so high. Everything else (i.e. bills) are already as low as I can get them w/o cancelling cable/cell phones/etc. I called each company I have an account w/ to see what the lowest/best pkg for us was available and changed the accounts.

    So excited about your 30 in 30 Remix Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the convenience factor is a big reason why I buy out all the time too!

    I also use the cash-only method! And recently cut down on some of the bills. Gas is pricey- that's a good idea! I would probably do that too, but I currently don't own a car- I'm a commuter- also expensive!!

    ReplyDelete