Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The PW Is Rolling In!

The PussyWagon that is!


That's the name of my Fantasy Football team! My girlfriends and I formed an all-girls fantasy football team. We are now on our fourth year in our league, The Grid-Iron Girls! Originally, we did it because all of our guys were in a league, and we wanted to get in on the fun too! Now, however, we are working {mostly} on our own! We usually do an online draft, because it's pretty hard to get all of us together on one night, as some of the girls have kids and we're scattered across NYC/NJ/PA. We do however, try to get together at least once during the season to watch a game...hopefully this year we'll actually GO to a game, since I've never been! 2 years ago, I won 2nd place, but last year I missed 3rd by just  a few points. I'm hoping to win it all this year ($300!), but I'm a little nervous because I had the 4th pick {out of 12}, so I missed some of the guys I really wanted.
Here's my line-up:

QB: Matt Stafford- Detroit Lions*
{back up QB: Joe Flacco- Baltimore Ravens}*
Running Back: Marshawn Lynch- Seattle Seahawks*
Running Back: Trent Richardson- Cleveland Browns
Wide Receiver: Steve Smith- Carolina Panthers*
Wide Receiver: DeShaun Jackson- Philadelphia Eagles*
Tight End: Jermaine Gresham- Cincinnati Bengals
W/R/T: Shonn Greene {Running Back}- New York Jets

Bench: Jason Witten {Tight End}- Dallas Cowboys
Bench: C.J.Spiller {Running Back}- Buffalo Bills
Bench: Sidney Rice {Wide Receiver}- Seattle Seahawks*
Bench: Ronnie Hillman {Running Back}- Denver Broncos
Bench: Josh Gordon {Wide Receiver}- Cleveland Browns

Defense: Buffalo Bills/ New England Patriots
Kicker: Alex Henry- Philadelphia Eagles

The ones I really wanted were LeSean Mccoy, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Arian Foster. The starred ones are the ones I'm happy I did get.

I can't wait for the fun to begin tonight with the Giants playing the Cowgirls boys!

Do you watch football? Have you ever played in a fantasy league? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I wanted to do it this year but we didn't get it set up in time (meaning: the guys said it'd take too much time) :( They're lame. Too bad you didn't get Foster, he's a beast and one of my favorites. Good luck! By the way, I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEY Shonn Greene - my boy! hehe

    I LOVE football but avoid Fantasy Football like the plague because guys get so macho about it... not worth the frustration. Need an all-girl fantasy football league :)

    ReplyDelete