This Week I'm Sharing...
From GoodReads:
"Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian's singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed. Now, together, they have more-love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity, or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present. Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, tragedy, malice and fate combine to make Ana's worst nightmares come true."
My Thoughts:
This would be my favorite out of the series, if there could be one. By page 223 I almost gave up. "Not sure if I can make it to the end. The writing is awful and really getting on my nerves!"
So yeah, the writing is still awful. And I definitely skimmed the racy parts because they were getting pretty predictable and really, just not that interesting. However, this is the first time Ana had a spine, which I really enjoyed. She stood up for herself more openly. Sh was willing to fight for what she wanted and believed in, even if she was going to stay with Christian, it was on more level terms.
I also liked, again, that there was some action. Of course, it was extremely predictable; I am not usually a guesser but had this one nailed early on, but I still liked that it was there. And we get insight into the rest of Christian's story- the missing piece, the forgotten years.
Honestly, I was so happy when I finished this series. I felt free! Free from trying to force myself through these.
The word count wasn't as shocking in this book, but if you want to see it (along with some really funny gifs), click here!
Did you read this? What did you think?

1/2 way through the 2nd book I stopped and started a different book. It is kind of predictable in a lot of ways. I should go back and finish so I too can feel free at last. Haha
ReplyDeleteI liked the first one the best out of the 3!
ReplyDeleteI think you have a lot of patience! I still haven't brought myself to get the second book. I think I'm going to pick up Gone Girl today... but who knows! I always have my mind set on one book and walk out with something completely different.
ReplyDeletei still have no desire to read these lol
ReplyDeletehappy friday!
I don't think I'd have the patience to read something like this. I get frustrated by poor writers who have gained a ridiculous amount of buzz. I just have no desire.
ReplyDeleteI read the second book first, and that's the one I liked the best. The first felt slow and the third was kind of anti-climactic. That's just me though!
ReplyDeleteI really loved the whole series. I found the storyline to be really captivating!
ReplyDeleteI did read this, and I think out of all of them, the 2nd of the series has to be my favorite.
ReplyDeletethis was my least favorite of the series. I hated the back-and-forth super escalated relationship. I actually wasn't bothered by the writing until this book. It was soooo bad in this one. I did give it an extra star (up from 2 out of 5) because I liked the "Midnight Sun" chapter at the end.
ReplyDeleteI read all three and this was by far my least favorite. I did enjoy the end from his perspective though!
ReplyDelete