Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Fight That Never Was

So remember when I wrote here that I was worried about a friendship and not sure if I was gonna let it go? Quite a few of you commented to just wait it out and/or, so I did. First I waited, but then I cracked, and sent a text:

You guys were right... she was just super busy being a working single mother. And she more than made it up to me. You can imagine my surprise when this arrived in the mail: 



My first Coach bag! Eeee! But that wasn't even the best part... my favorite were the pics (he's getting SO big!) and the card, which I am not sharing, but in it she apologized and thanked me for being a great Godmother and friend. It made me tear up. I guess that's all I really wanted, just some acknowledgement and appreciation. It sounds silly, especially now, but it's the truth. It's nice to know that you are thought about and appreciated every once in a while! 

As soon as I got it, I called her and we had another long talk- just about life in general and catching up. Once I  talked to her, I felt so much better. She wasn't trying to cut me out, she just had no time. I found out that she got a new job at Microsoft (hence the water bottle and lunchbag!) and G Baby would be starting pre-K this year, and joining soccer! And other family stuff going on. 

I did not wind up going to Puerto Rico this summer, but hopefully I will by the end of the year, and if I don't I will definitely go for G Baby's next birthday. I'm just happy that we were able to get through this rough patch, and we got a much better understanding of what we're both going through. Plus... I missed my friend!

Also, just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you that commented! I'm not sure this all would have gone so smoothly if it wasn't for all of your advice. This situation also brightened my eyes to how much I really enjoying blogging and the blogging community, so thanks again!

5 comments:

  1. So glad it turned out for the best in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great surprise! You can never go wrong with Coach but that ish is expensive! Very nice. Happy to hear it was just a miscommunication. I'm in Houston and my best friend (from elementary days!) lives in NYC so I know how that can go. Thank goodness for technology because without it, it'd be so much harder to keep up with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you're making me cry! This touches really close to home, and I'm so glad that you guys found a way to work it out and be considerate of each other. You're truly an awesome friend to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, yay! That's great that it was all just a misunderstanding and that everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great that ya'll made up!

    i have (had) a friend who i was always making the plans, i always text her first, i always did this first...it always feels like i am doing the work. so i completely stopped doing everything to see if she would reach out to me...she never did. we haven't talked in probably six months, it hurts but there's nothin i can do. i sent her a text around her birthday saying, i missed having her in my life..and she never text me back. so i guess some people are meant to be in your life and some aren't. glad it worked out for you and your friend. sometimes you gotta go over and beyond for people. plus who wants to miss out on trips to puerto rico!

    ReplyDelete