Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What's Cookin: Stove Top Shepherd's Pie

Have you ever found yourself with a lot of sides, but no real main dish? That's how I felt last weekend, until I came across this recipe from the back of the Stove Top box (who looks at those recipes? This girl). 
I realized I had 4 out of the 5 ingredients already... however the recipe called for beef.

I've never cooked beef before. 
Truth be told, I've never cooked any meat before. 
Not that I'm a vegetarian, I was just lucky enough to always live with someone else who was a great cook, whether it was a friend, roommate, etc. So I was a bit weary, but you can learn how to do just about anything on Youtube. 
(And I didn't die, so that's a plus!)

Anyway, this only took about 20 minutes, and made a lot of food (it says 6 servings, but I think it was more, or maybe I just got tired of eating it after 4 servings). 

Ingredients:
1 lb. of ground beef
1 box (6 oz) of Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken (I had Cornbread, so that's what I used)
2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 barbecue sauce
1-1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
Heat oven to 425 degrees
Prepare stuffing according to directions on the package
Meanwhile, brown the meat, then drain. 
Stir in Barbecue sauce, and spoon into greased 2-qt. casserole dish


Top with stuffing, vegetables, and cheese


Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

Mine burned a little on the edges- I didn't cover it. Still tasted good though!


What's your go - to for a quick, easy dinner?

3 comments:

  1. actually thank you for this recipe because i know my husband would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing and is so much easier than the traditional in the oven kind. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never made shepherds pie... I need to try it! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete