Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday Favorites: Post-Thanksgiving Edition

How's everyone doing this fine Friday? I've been off since noon on Monday since there was a water main break in the town where I work, and we had no safe water. Had I known earlier, I would be on some Caribbean island right now, but alas, I did not. It was pretty fantastic not having to go to work though. I've been working on some projects that I had been putting aside and can't wait to share them with you next week! This weekend I'll be watching all of the Star Wars movies in preparation for The Force Awakens since I'll be away right before it comes out (don't worry- I already pre-ordered tickets for opening day!). But first, let's kick off this shopping-free Black Friday with Amanda! 

Favorite Song: Diplo and Sleepy Tom- Be Right There



Favorite Recipe: Got leftovers? Why not turn them in a turkey and mash potato empanada? 
[via]
Favorite Video: I saw this yesterday and couldn't help but laugh- wait for the rap part!



Favorite Shirt: Wish I had seen this shirt before Thanksgiving- I love it! 




Favorite Purchase: Thanks to Pinky, I heard about the REI sale last week and promptly ordered these beauties. After reading all the reviews and talking to people, I'm almost looking forward to the cold- almost. (I'm also glad I got them early since REI is closed today- they closed all 143 of their stores to #optoutside, which is pretty damn cool.) 


Sorel Tivoli High boots


Favorite Funnies:






Enjoy the long weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha you Thanksgiving funnies are so awesome. Thome empanadas look amazing and those boots are so cute! How fabulous you got some surprise extended time off. Hope you enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those two cards, the orange and the yellow... good stuff, there. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that video is EVERYTHING! And normally "leftover" recipes aren't appealing to me but these empanadas are something I would want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty freaking sweet to have an impromptu week off! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete