Friday night I headed out with a bunch of friends for a "Last Supper." One of them will be having surgery in the next few weeks, so she wanted to get us together for a big meal. We went to
Fusion Empanada in Montclair, and it was ridiculously good. They had over 15 varieties of empanadas! I should have just ordered a bunch a la cart for dinner, but I got an entree. I did get to sample a few though because we got a dozen for the table, and then I ordered a "seasonal" one, which was oven roasted turkey and stuffing served with a cranberry sauce on the side. NOM. Have I mentioned that Thanksgiving food is one of my absolutely favorite meals (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce)? Because it is.
 |
top: Thanksgiving empanada. bottom: caramel apple dessert empanada.
Can you see the word "fusion" on it? |
On Saturday Blue's dryer broke, so the day was spent doing laundry at my place, errands/cleaning, and grocery shopping. Honestly I don't remember the last time I did a BIG grocery trip, so I made sure to get
allthethings. Saturday evening I went to my first tasting party for a company called
Tastefully Simple. Have you ever been to one of these? The host makes all this food and you eat (or
sample the products, whatever) and drink and listen to a consultant talk about the products. I've already tried a bunch of their stuff because Blue's sister is the consultant. But it was fun meeting a bunch of Blue's friends from high school, especially since we all went to the same school, just a few years apart.
Sunday was a lazy day with breakfast in bed and catching up on TV shows. Blue decided it was time to teach me how to make pasta sauce and meatballs (for the record, I already knew how to make meatballs, but not the sauce). I took notes and may share the "recipe" here, but it was a lot of "chop a lot of onions" and put in salt "to taste" and I'm no good at those types of measurements. Anyway, spaghetti and meatballs (and garlic bread) for Sunday dinner is always a win in my book.
And just for the hell of it, here is a picture of Blue's cat, Keebler (aka Keebs). He wasn't feeling too good last week, which is part of the reason we stayed local this weekend. I adore him, except when takes my spot, which happens whenever I get up, even if it's for five minutes, as evidenced here:
 |
horizontal across my side.
Almost went all Sheldon on him. |
How was your weekend?
Linking up with
Biana for weekending.
Girlfriend. You were AROUND THE CORNER from my house! I mean, I wasn't there or even in the state, but still. I've actually yet to try that place but I have been dying to.
ReplyDeleteYum! I love empanadas! Under The Moon in Bordentown has some amazing empanadas on their appetizer menu!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I really just want a sample plate of empanadas now!!! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteSunday dinner sounds amazing! I hear ya with trying to figure out the measurements. I usually guesstimate or look at the measurements for similar recipes to get an idea.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of Tastefully Simple before but it seems like a fun way to spend an evening!
ReplyDeletewww.amemoryofus.com
Those empanadas and that spaghetti...yum! My dog ALWAYS steals my spot when I get up! She's lucky I love her, because it drives me insane!!
ReplyDeleteYummm!I love empanadas!!! We have a spot here that has banana & nutella empanadas!
ReplyDeleteA caramel apple empanada?!? I need this in my life! About cats stealing spots, my Astro doesn't really steal a spot. But, he's decided his spot is on me, near me, with me...and if that means that he comes between snuggle time with my guy and I, Astro has no problem with that.
ReplyDelete