Cooking: I made my first ever "foil pack" dinner the other night. However, it was supposed to be for 6 pieces of chicken, and I only had two, so I tried to lessen all of the ingredients, but it didn't work out very well. It was edible, but I think next time I'll just stick to the recipe.
Reading: Love You Better by Natalie Martin, which I'm rushing through because it's "due" tomorrow (thanks Netgalley!)
Listening to: ALLL the Sara Bareilles, in preparation for tonight's concert!
Watching: I've always been interested in people's cultures and lifestyles that are different than my own, so I was excited to watch the 20/20 Scientology episode with Leah Remini. Did anyone else catch it? I've always liked her as an actress, but I felt like this was kind of more for publicity, which was disappointing. Also in the mix: Quantico, Blindspot, The Mindy Project, and The Walking Dead.
Smelling: this candle that I bought at the NY Renn Faire. The cool thing about it is that the "wax" is actually body lotion. I got this one because it's supposed good for eczema, and it smells fresh but faintly sweet.

Eating: leftover Halloween candy that people brought it in to work.
Planning: a trip down to RiverHorse brewery this weekend, and hopefully a stop at my favorite tomato pie spot, De Lorenzo's. It's been WAY too long since I've had some!
Loving: all the kind words on yesterday's post! I'll admit that it had been in draft form since March, and I was nervous to hit publish, but I'm glad I did. You guys are freakin awesome.
Needing: to move farther away from TJ Maxx. I currently live within a 5-min walk from it, and usually I'm good about not going in, but my headphones broke yesterday, so I needed new ones. I left $40 later which a plethora of cheapie beauty stuffs. Essie nail polish for $4, Bliss foaming face wash for $3,... how could I not? Also, I definitely have a favorite color...
Essie Velvet Voyeur, NYC Color Lincoln Center,
OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest
Anticipating: Mexican food tonight and a lazy Saturday.
Appreciating: Life. An old friend of mine passed away suddenly on Sunday. He was only 40 and was such a happy-go-lucky guy. It was just another reminder to appreciate and enjoy what you've got, and live every day to the fullest, because you never know what could happen.
Linking up with Jenna, Anne, Joey, and Kristin.

Bahahah @ needing to move further from TJ Maxx! We live directly across from a Target and IT KILLS ME. Every day, it kills me.
ReplyDeleteI love foil pack dinners. Super easy and no clean up! I want to live IN TJM! Then I can just wear all the clothes and use all the decor forever! I need to try one of these tomato pies you're always talking about :) Condolences on your friend. 40 is too young.
ReplyDeleteOkay you got some awesome nail polishes, even though living so close to TJ Maxx is not such a great thing for you haha. I've been eating way too much leftover Halloween candy at work...and it never seems to end! But I have no self control so there you go. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :( That's awful.
ReplyDeleteThat's always happening to me when I try to reduce the size of recipes... but I do like the idea of an easy foil pack dinner! And I have had really good luck with TJ Maxx and the good nail polishes lately too... Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your friend. So very sad! Life is a blessing and we shouldn't take it for granted.
ReplyDeleteI totally could never live near TJ Maxx, it would be so very bad for my me and my wallet.
So sorry about your friend.
ReplyDeleteI love being a Maxxinista. My wallet does not always love it.
I don't do foil packet stuff enough.