Currently... I've been dealing with a lot of little stuff that's been a major pain in my ass. Like on May 31 I checked my email after a wonderfully relaxing three-day weekend, to find an email from Groupon asking me to rate their customer service support on a recent issue. Except, I didn't contact customer support or order anything from Groupon in the last month. I try to log into my account, and get a message stating that I don't have an account. Instead of the "live chat" feature, I call them directly. Meanwhile, I'm checking my bank account online only to find that some asshole hijacked my account and racked up $554 worth of charges to the card that was saved on my Groupon account.
The wonderful CSR at Groupon was able reverse the charges, and her manager disabled my account until I verified that I wanted to reactivate it.
Then I called my bank asking why they haven't put the money back in my account. Well since my debit card had been compromised, I had to go into the office to get a new card. Fine.
But then I got a bunch of emails stating that payments were late/not processed due to "incorrect payment information" because I use that card for all of my payments. So now I have to change that info everywhere where I have automatic payments or sites where my card is stored. *Sigh* Like I said, nothing major, but pain in the ass things nonetheless. Anyway, here are some other things currently going on over here.
Reading: The Travelers by Chris Pavone
Listening to: the latest from Fitz and the Tantrums- Roll Up. Too excited to see them in 2 weeks!
Watching: Game of Thrones, Gilmore Girls season 2, and Grey's Anatomy season 5
Planning: my Summer Bucket list. You can see last year's here. It will be live here on June 17th in conjunction with Steph's Seasonal Goals Link-up.
Enjoying: late sunsets, patio drinks, game nights, and generally coming out of hibernation!
Buying: a lot of tank tops, apparently. But also these Adirondack chairs.
![]() |
| {via} |
![]() |
| I don't like the creamsicle one, but it's pretty iconic here in NJ. |
Pinning: warm weather recipes like this creamy cheddar broccoli salad!
![]() |
| {via} |




My favorite Kohr Bros is mint julep. Well, it used to be that. Now they just call it mint.
ReplyDeleteRAGE at the changing of the auto pay stuff. I just had that happen too and it's so annoying.
Love those Adirondack chairs.
oh my gosh that sucks that some idiot took your card and went on a shopping spree. i think when that happens and it's all sorted with the actual money, the most annoying thing is having to change everything. i don't have anything on autopay because i lose things easily, including cards, and i always have to call and cancel, so i got sick of changing auto pay stuff lol
ReplyDeleteBoardwalk food, yes! I need some! And food truck food. I could go for some Surf or Steaks Unlimited right about now, yum. Ugh, so sorry to hear about that cluster-F with Groupon and your bank! Good think you caught it and good on Groupon for helping you out but it's still a massive PITA.
ReplyDeleteUgh having your card stolen/hacked is awful! Sucks you've had to deal with that. Thank god for delicious pasta salad and ice cream and patio drinks to ease the pain.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling your banking pain! My bank froze my account after Memorial Day Weekend and my very expensive Uber ride home from Philly. I got a text and didn't do anything about it. Didn't realize I couldn't use my card until this past weekend and when I got home from work yesterday there was a letter from my gym that they couldn't process my monthly payment. So annoying!
ReplyDeleteIsn't changing over your debit card linked to payments a real pain?! Ugh! I went through that twice - once when I got married & changed my nail & then again when I accidentally threw away my card. :\
ReplyDelete