Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's been in the 30's this week. The 30'S. In APRIL. You guys, this is bullshit. There were a few days last month where I was outside without a coat and now we're back in the puffy jacket. DISLIKE. Blue and I just cancelled our weekend trip to Washington DC this weekend because it was an outdoor event from 6-9 tomorrow and the forecast is calling for snow. Um, what?! Looks like my winter hibernation will continue this weekend. But first, let's kick it off with some favorites from this week with Amanda.

Favorite Song: Since the American Idol finale was yesterday, I'm sharing this fellow finalist from last season.  Pia Toscano- PyRo




Favorite Recipe: Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? I'm itching to try this spicy jalapeno popper one from Small Town Woman!


DSC_0080

Favorite Reads:
  • This post by Liz about an ended friendship caught me right in the feels and seems like ti could have been written about my relationship with an old best friend. Sometimes life paths take you in different directions, but knowing that doesn't make it suck any less. 
  • Carl Jr.'s/Hardees just came out with a midnight moonshine burger and I'm so sad I don't live anywhere near one of those! 
  • A documentary about Michael Vick's dogs came out recently, but again, nowhere near me to view. I hope it finds its way over to Netflix soon! 
  • Wedgie Jeans. Categorize under: Things that sound like a terrible idea but maybe aren't? 
Favorite Lust Item: HOW FREAKIN CUTE ARE THESE? And if you're not into Star Wars, they also have Superhero ones, Disney Princesses, etc. Available at Hallmark (and Amazon, but for some reason they're more expensive there).

itty-bittys_980-star-wars:

itty bittys® | Hallmark:


Favorite Moments:
  • Booking a Florida vacation for next month!
  • Getting rid of 65 items in my closet!
  • Mail call: I finally used up my Paperback Swap credits and got 5 books that I really wanted fo' FREE. Fo' free is fo' me. 
Favorite Funnies:







Happy weekend friends!

8 comments:

  1. I love love grilled cheese!! Oye that post about ended friendship made me tear up. I ended a friendship with someone I considered a best friend of 7 years in December and I still have moments where it just makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue here:

    Why does grilled cheese get a whole national month when beer, pie, bagels and every other consumable item under the sun only get a national day?? #CheesusChrist

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT GRILLED CHEESE. Damn I want a grilled cheese right now. A fun fancy kind like that.

    Also I'm all for highlighting my butt so I would totally try those jeans on (but someone said the legs aren't skinny so I'd probably pass). Weirdly some people's butts looked smaller though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday night goals indeed!!! And Zombie rights activists!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! Sad, but true. So umm snow this weekend?? Yikes! Its sunny and 70 here, don't hate me. Every month should be grilled cheese month and that one looks delicious! I am intrigued by the wedgie jeans and sort of want to try a pair on just to see. And here I never thought I would say that sentence in my life LOL! So ummmm alllll of the feels when I read the end of a friendship post. I am always amazed when I hear other stories of best friends that are no more. It doesn't make it any easier, but it is good to know that I am not alone. Hope you have a great, hibernating weekend. I will try to send you some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually almost cried at the thought of going out to run today. I'm so tired of the cold and the non-stop wind (Seriously, it has been like 2-3 months of wind every single day) and I just can't deal anymore. Okay, not non-stop because we did have 2 80-degree days in the past month but omg. Pick a lane, mother nature, and stop being a bully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want beautiful spring weather. And a side of that grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nearly 80 here in Seattle last week! Which is almost record breaking. The weather has been insane all over the country. I'm obsessed with grilled cheese sandwiches but clearly need to step up my game. That looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete