Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Favorites

Yesterday I took a much-needed personal day after sleeping like shit the night before. I took the day and slept like my body told me to. Because sometimes you just have to stop and listen. I slept until 11 and it was divine. And then I got up and tackled some chores that I had been putting off without realizing how heavily they were weighing on my mind. It was the best decision I made all week. I woke up today refreshed and feeling much more free from those worries than I have in recent weeks. Note to self: stop procrastinating and just do it. Good grief. Anyway, here are some other favorites from this week!

Favorite Song: Apparently this is a year old, but I just heard it yesterday on Spotify's Happy Hits! Old Thing Back- Matoma and The Notorious B.I.G. ft Ja Rule and Ralph Tresvant


Favorite Recipe: Trying out this 25 min Tuscan Chicken Pasta on Sunday!

20-Minute Tuscan Chicken with Penne Pasta - The easiest and most flavorful weeknight meal! Comforting, warming, and delicious. Did I mention how quickly ever gobbles it up? Oh yeah.

Favorite Moment: Purging 129 items from my apartment aka surpassing my 101 in 1001 List goals. 5 bags to Vietnam Veterans (picked up from my doorstep), and 3 bags to a friend collecting for the victims of the Ecuador earthquakes. BOOM. Oh, I also finally washed my dishes. There were a lot.

Favorite Mail: Limited Edition Gilmore Girls themed LitCube! I've never ordered from LitCube before, but they are a YA themed subscription box. This one was a one-time purchase though. It came with a tee, Luke's coffee mug, chew-able coffee, a YA novel, GG pins, pro/con list pad, No Cell Phone sign (from Luke's Diner), and Dragonfly Inn tea towels :) 



Favorite Reads:

  • Did you know you can now deposit cash money into your Paypal at CVS and Rite Aid through their app? There are fees though, so be sure to read the fine print. 
  • Samsung is taking technology to the next level by trying to get a patent for "augmented reality" contact lenses. It would be used paired with a smartphone to do the processing, and basically have an always-on camera directly in your eye. Um... that's a bit too much if you ask me. 
  • April 28th is National Superhero Day. Wear a cape to any participating Krispy Kreme location for B1G1 free donuts. Okay, you don't really have to wear a cape, but it is encouraged. 


Favorite Video: You didn't think you'd get through a post today without a Prince mention did you? Last night, Jennifer Hudson and the cast of The Color Purple paid an amazing, chilling tribute to him.


Favorite Funnies:

Most of life's lessons can be learned simply by listening to the narrations of Grey's Anatomy.:

 :






Happy weekend friends! What's on your agenda?
Linking up with Amanda!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, you just made me want to scour my apartment and get read of EVERYTHING. Such a good feeling. Especially being able to donate to a good cause! Love the GG box! So sad about Prince. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha your funnies are on point today!!! Especially the tacos thing. I was just talking about tacos at lunch...while I was eating chicken salad. Go figure. Look at all the donations!!! I have a stack of things in my guest room that I need to donate and add more to it before it goes. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm i did not know that about paypal/cvs etc. i will have to check it out. i am so jealous of that gilmore girls box! awesome. and yum that pasta looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had known about that box! Your goodies are so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that GG box. I LOVE GG! SO MUCH! We've been re-watching with friends. Two of which have not watched before. That's my favorite. We just watched the Bracebridge Dinner. So good! :) Kudos on the apartment cleaning and progress! I sometimes use my "day off" day to clean up etc. in between invite work! It always makes me feel better! Um yes please, pasta EVERYDAY. :P XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete