I was so cranky on Friday night for no good reason, so Blue and I picked up Popeye's and curled up to finish watching Married at First Sight. Saturday I was woke up late, lazed around a bit, and then met my mom for Portuguese food at Tero's. We shared a seafood paella that was to die for and a pitcher of sangria. And of course, I failed to take pics.
On Sunday morning, Blue picked me up, we went for breakfast at the diner, and stopped at a local craft beer shop where we picked up a few bottles. I was astounded at the damage Blue's condo suffered due to the storm the night before. (Luckily, her unit was okay.) There were literally pieces of the aluminum siding rolling across the parking area into cars like damn tumbleweed. This is the condo building across from Blue's, and the gutter that hung off directly outside Blue's window, threatening to come crashing in.
We spent the afternoon puzzling, sampling our new craft beers, watching SNL, and napping. Well, Blue napped because the scraping of metal on metal had kept her up the night before. I continued to puzzle to my heart's delight.
But back to SNL for a minute- did you guys see it? First of all, I was really excited to see Gwen Stefani's performance, but her song was so "meh." It also felt like she was lip syncing. And her outfit- what was up with all those tassels?! They were so distracting, yet somehow more interesting than her singing. But anyway, I loved Peter Dinklage. He is hysterical, particularly in the Naked and Afraid sketch. What had me rolling was the Welp bit though. See for yourself:
We wrapped up the night with English muffin pizzas and the season finale of The Walking Dead. I am so sad that they cast one of my favorite actor's as Negan, because he is a horrible human in this show. And that cliffhanger... sigh. I was sure I was going to have nightmares.
That is some scary damage to her condo! Glad she is ok. I haven't watched SNL yet but I love that you were sampling beers and such while doing so. Sounds like my kind of afternoon!
I haven't watched SNL yet, but I do love Gwen, so I'll give it a look. Thank goodness there wasn't too much damage to Blue's unit. The unpredictability of storms can be so scary!
I knew TWD was going to end like that as soon as he started the eeny, meeny routine. TBH, I feel like it might be Daryl since he has his own show now. HOWEVER, TWD is filmed in advance so his new show could be filmed while TWD isn't... I honestly have NO IDEA who it is. Not Glen because you didn't hear Maggie screaming, although in the comic it is Glen. And it's obviously not one of the girls. And it's not Carl because Neegan (also love that actor) threatened to take his other eye and give it to Rick.. and it can't be Rick because he's the lead.
SO... that leaves Abraham, Deanna's son, and (wow I'm totally spacing on his name), the guy with the mullet.
That is some scary damage to her condo! Glad she is ok. I haven't watched SNL yet but I love that you were sampling beers and such while doing so. Sounds like my kind of afternoon!
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched SNL yet, but I do love Gwen, so I'll give it a look. Thank goodness there wasn't too much damage to Blue's unit. The unpredictability of storms can be so scary!
ReplyDeleteI love English muffin pizzas.
ReplyDeleteMFD is heading to the shore Friday, hopefully we got no damage down there. We had gutter issues from a January storm.
I knew TWD was going to end like that as soon as he started the eeny, meeny routine. TBH, I feel like it might be Daryl since he has his own show now. HOWEVER, TWD is filmed in advance so his new show could be filmed while TWD isn't... I honestly have NO IDEA who it is. Not Glen because you didn't hear Maggie screaming, although in the comic it is Glen. And it's obviously not one of the girls. And it's not Carl because Neegan (also love that actor) threatened to take his other eye and give it to Rick.. and it can't be Rick because he's the lead.
ReplyDeleteSO... that leaves Abraham, Deanna's son, and (wow I'm totally spacing on his name), the guy with the mullet.
Oh, and English muffin pizzas are the shit!
OMG I am so far behind on Walking dead. Its all my bf's fault. I havent done a puzzle in ages, i bet is relaxing!
ReplyDelete