Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Things I Wouldn't Say I'm Thankful For

Do you have a family tradition at Thanksgiving where you go around the table and say one or two things you're grateful for each year? You always hear the same things, like family, friends, health, etc. While I agree that I'm also grateful for these things, there are certain things that I'm grateful for that I wouldn't exactly announce at the family dinner table.


1. *Those* jeans, that make my butt look great, and my rattiest, most comfortable sweats.
2. Having my own apt where I can do whatever I want uninterrupted and don't have to share the remote, snacks, my blanket/bed, and I can set the temperature at whatever I please.

When Mindy gave some straight-up kitchen realness: | 20 Times "The Mindy Project" Just Totally Got You

3. Strong wifi signal, and stronger coffee.
4. Modern technology,  particularly Uber.

The Little Aslam: On Wednesdays, We Confess & #Hashtag.

5. Modern medicine, especially Midol. 
6. Cancelled plans when I'm really tired, or it's really cold outside.

When Danny agreed that life would be a lot better if we didn’t have to wear pants: | 20 Times "The Mindy Project" Just Totally Got You

7. Any day I don't have to set an alarm clock to wake up.
8. Paid sick time regardless of whether I'm sick or not.


9. Any time I go out drinking and don't wake up with a hangover. 
10. Great sex.

What are some things you're grateful for that you wouldn't want to share with your whole family?

Have a happy Thanksgiving! 

Alanna & Company
More Coffee Less Talky

13 comments:

  1. These are all so perfect! I love #9 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Midol for the mother fucking WIN. Today... all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha cheers to ALLL of these things!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is #9 a possibility? I can't have three beers without being sluggish the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha this is awesome. I have to agree with all of them. (Aside from having my own apartment.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whaaaat? you should totally voice being thankful for badass jeans that make you look like you have an ass that won't quit and coffee because life without coffee is miserable.

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are absolutely legitimate things to be thankful for. Own 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. grateful for all that plus dr. pepper and coca-cola, flannel sheets, tito's vodka, benadryl, streets with no traffic on them, music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'd definitely say at the table I'm grateful for good sex! Nothing is as awesome as making the family dinner awkward as possible and giving my parents something excellent to think about while they eat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grateful for alcohol, good foreplay and even better sex.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A-FREAKING-MEN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete