Monday, November 9, 2015

Quiet/Lazy Weekend

My weekend quite literally looked like this:

Accurate:

And I could not have been happier about it. Friday night I met up with a friend for happy hour at Rattle and Hum NYC. This craft beer haven is awesome. They had over 40 beers on tap, and I loved the divey feel to it. We went right around 6, and it was jam packed. But once we scored a table it was perfect. (It helped that they had one of my favorite- named ales "Your Father Smelt of Elderberries"- available!) 

Rattle and Hum NYC
Saturday I woke up late and headed to the grocery store. Did you know that there are grocery stores that have scanner when you walk in, so you can just shop, scan, and bag as you go? And then you just get in the checkout line, plug in your scanner, put in any coupons and your money, and done. I had no idea this existed, but it's brilliant, and so much faster! (And yes, I was mocked for taking a picture of the scanner station. #bloggerprobs)

Blue and I were supposed to head out to a brewery nearby, but our friend bailed, so we just had some bourbon/apple pie moonshine cocktails and stayed in. Or rather, sat out on the deck because it was gorgeous out. Also, Blue's cat appears to be getting more comfortable with me- he started taking treats from my hand instead of me putting them on the ground for him! 
apple pie moonshine/ grocery store scanners/making friends with Keebler
Sunday was equally as lazy. There was football, romcoms, reading, and naps. Blue made pot roast and mashed potatoes for dinner; I swear I could just Pooh-Bear mashed potatoes straight from the pot. And then a few friends stopped by for The Walking Dead.  
#potroastseason/deck drinks/attempt at outfit pic

How do you spend weekends with no set plans?
Linking up with the lovely Biana for Weekending!

8 comments:

  1. That grocery store system is awesome! Okay, someone else posted mashed potatoes and I am so jealous! Once Thanksgiving rolls around I will be devouring allll the mashed potatoes!!! I love that Blue's cat is warming up to you. The picture of you and Blue is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm I need that grocery store in Chicago asap! Sounds like a great weekeend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that grocery shopping system sounds fantastic! I wish the grocery stores around here had that. The checkout lines are always the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT. That is a thing in grocery stores? Please let it come here, and soon.

    Hurrah for deck drinks, warm fall days, and loungey weekends mostly at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would literally drive out of my way for that type of grocery store. Which one? Where?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat treat pic & the last pic of you & Blue ~ so cute!!! I know I'm getting old when a quiet/lazy weekend are the weekends I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHERE IS THIS GROCERY STORE?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That grocery store sounds AMAZING! The worst part of grocery shopping is having to check out!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete