Celebrating with a party seems to get harder every year though, as more of my friends are having kids and don't have or make time for such things. So this year, Blue and I co-hosted our own. Unfortunately, I was busy having too much fun to take too many pictures. Just know that there were a lot of food and drinks, and I even gave out goody bags! Who doesn't like goody bags?!
Also, I was on decoration duty. You guys, the Dollar Store is your friend. So is Pinterest. I think the part I'm most proud of is our photo backdrop. I took some clear dry cleaner bags I had lying around, cut them in half, hung them over my balcony and literally let red paint drip down them, added some red hand prints, and BOOM. It was like Dexter had been there. We also hung a red-paint-splattered plastic hook from the staircase to complete the backdrop. I draped that spider web stuff pretty much everywhere, cut some bats out of paper, and purchased a few of those small person-changing posters, and done.
We also enlisted some friends. Blue's sister made deviled eggs and these candy corn slushy cups, one friend made sangria and salad, another made cupcakes, and pretty much everyone brought beer or wine. Music was supplied by Spotify and some speakers. And though costumes weren't required, we did have a prize for best costume- a bottle of Apothic Dark. Overall, I'd say it was a pretty successful party!
![]() |
| decor. spider web stuff on the liquor cart so no one would touch those; there were separate libations for the party. |
![]() |
| awesome pumpkin and spider deviled eggs |
![]() |
| Blue and I as Coach and Tami Taylor from FNL- my wine glass was my favorite. |
![]() |
| A few other costumes: Rizzo and Kenickie, crazed chef, Professor/Indiana Jones, Al and Peggy Bundy |
![]() |
| the nurse and her butt-nekkid patient |
![]() |
| The costume winners: Dead Dorothy and scary Scarecrow |
I'm really glad we decided to have the party on Friday night so we had two full days to recover. Saturday we cleaned up, ate a bunch of leftovers and candy, and watched some scary movies: Candyman, World War Z, and Children of the Corn.
![]() |
| Saturday. |
![]() |
| Dawson's Creek- episode 1. |
So,... how was your weekend? Linking up with Biana for Weekending!









The party looks like so much fun! Love your costume!
ReplyDeleteThank you for making our party a huge success with your Dollar Store prowess!!! :)
ReplyDelete-Blue
I am obsessed with your costumes! Perfection! Sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteso amazing!! looks like a fanastic time.
ReplyDeletei LOVE the dollar store - you can find so much goodness in there.
The decorations came out amazingly! I love the idea of putting the cobwebs over your personal liquor stash. I love me some Halloween!
ReplyDeleteI hate all scary and gory things, but I really like Halloween. I love seeing what people come up with for costumes.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the decor and food! All of your guests look good!
Great party! I love the decorations. I will comment back http://www.oldefashionmom.com/
ReplyDeleteUhm...Scary Scarecrow could be in a movie and scare the bee-geebus out of me!
ReplyDeleteI love Halloween! This year was my first year to be in a house and have trick-or-treaters come to my door. (in the past, I'd be out or at parties or in a apartment block that didn't get trick-or-treaters.) I loved it! I loved everything about the kids coming to the door. So fun!
Your decor is A+!
Candy corn slushy cups? TELL ME MORE RIGHT NOW!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great Halloween! I love watching Dawson's Creek too!
ReplyDeleteHello epic Halloween weekend! Those are some awesome costumes. I love the Al and Peggy Bundy one!
ReplyDelete