Shit happens.
Put on your big-girl panties and deal with it.
Never turn your back on the ocean.

Don't blame other people for your mistakes.
Own them. Learn from them. Try not to repeat them.
Print your pictures (so I can have some).
Ok so maybe this one was a little more self-serving, but a good reminder nonetheless.

Learn about different cultures. Experience what the world has to offer.
Dress to impress.
Take your clothes to the cleaners. Put on some makeup. Look professional.

Have a firm handshake.
No one likes a weenie, limp handshake. Stand up tall, look people in the eye, and shake like you mean it.
Know sports.
Guys like sports. Coworkers like sports. It's something to talk about when you're stuck in the elevator.

Also this:

And this:

What are some things you've learned from some special women in your life?

yes to all of this.
ReplyDeleteI love all of this, but I am especially agreeing with money cant buy class. LOL at episode of football!!!!!!!!! Your mom is one wise lady!
ReplyDeleteThe never turn your back on the ocean is a big one I learned from my parents. And not only that, but rivers too (I grew up in a town right on the river and my dad was a tugboat captain, so that was drilled into my head!). Ummm episode of football cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteYour momma has taught you some valuable lessons. Give her an extra big hug the next time you see her!
ReplyDeleteI read your question about what have I learned...and the first thing that popped into my mind about my momma is to never be afraid to act silly and laugh (at appropriate times, of course). That brought a big smile to my face about my mom. Thank you.
These are some great lessons & some of the very same ones that my mama taught me. I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are so great! (And I love all the Mindy Project gifs!) My mom used to tell me that you can say anything you want- as long as you say it with tact. My husband's mom taught/told me that you should always paint your toes if you're going to wear open-toed shoes. (I break that rule a lot, though. Haha!)
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! haha These are great, and I should try harder to like sports... hahahaha that is one I am very bad at, but can *unfortunately*... see the benefit of... :P hahah My mother is a master shopper, she taught me well. I am really good at it, finding deals, trying on clothes quickly, finding things others would ignore. She also always liked to have the house super clean for guests so that has rubbed off on me. She also taught me to be selfless (or at least I try to remember to) she bakes a very intense 3-layer from scratch German Chocolate cake for my dad's birthday every year. And she doesn't like the cake at all. She HATES coconut and nuts. So she puts in this huge effort just for him every year. :) XO - Alexandra
ReplyDeleteSimply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
This is the first time I have heard never turn your back on the ocean. Is that literal? I don't want to only go north and south! Haha I have so many pictures I need to print! Good reminder!
ReplyDeleteUmmmm yes please! Limp handshakes get no respect from me and 100% money can't buy you class you can see that on just about any Real Housewives show.
ReplyDelete