Old Navy Open-Front Cardigan (sold out- similar) :$19 on sale for $10
Old Navy Split-Neck Boyfriend Tee: $15 on sale for $5
Old Navy Matte Sunglasses: $12.00
Victoria's Secret "The Gorgeous" Halter Swim (in black): $44.50
Express Low Rise Barely Bootcut Jeans: $79.90 on sale for $40, paid with gift card $0
LUSH Sea Spray: $14, gift
LUSH Mask of Magnaminty: $14, gift
LUSH Rub, Rub, Rub Shower Scrub: free sample
Nine West Side Pump (purchased at TJ Maxx, similar here): $35
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star in gray (purchased at TJ Maxx, similar here): $35
Total Spending: $219.50
I hadn't really set up a clothing budget for the year since I don't really buy clothing all that often, but I think I'm going to start now that I've completed my closet overhaul. I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff that was ill-fitting and/or no longer in style, or at least not my personal style anymore (slutty club-wear from my early 20's? See ya). I'm setting a quarterly budget of $250. A lot of the purchases this month were for an upcoming vacation to Key West/Miami. The most expensive item was a bikini top from Victoria's Secret. I'm usually VERY thrifty and refuse to pay full price for anything, but this is an exception because it's totally worth it. I usually buy one bathing suit per year, and I like the extra bit of "oomph" this gives my bee-stings. The other "pricey" item was the Express jeans. I used to love these jeans, but they have since redesigned them, and they don't fit like they used to, which is disappointing. But I also needed a pair of dark denim jeans and these happened to be on sale. As for the make-up, well, bloggers made me do it, and I don't regret them one bit!
I hadn't really set up a clothing budget for the year since I don't really buy clothing all that often, but I think I'm going to start now that I've completed my closet overhaul. I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff that was ill-fitting and/or no longer in style, or at least not my personal style anymore (slutty club-wear from my early 20's? See ya). I'm setting a quarterly budget of $250. A lot of the purchases this month were for an upcoming vacation to Key West/Miami. The most expensive item was a bikini top from Victoria's Secret. I'm usually VERY thrifty and refuse to pay full price for anything, but this is an exception because it's totally worth it. I usually buy one bathing suit per year, and I like the extra bit of "oomph" this gives my bee-stings. The other "pricey" item was the Express jeans. I used to love these jeans, but they have since redesigned them, and they don't fit like they used to, which is disappointing. But I also needed a pair of dark denim jeans and these happened to be on sale. As for the make-up, well, bloggers made me do it, and I don't regret them one bit!
What's one item or service you don't mind paying full-price for?
Linking up with Franziska for Budgetting Bloggers!
You got some great deals, especially at Old Navy!
ReplyDeleteI used to buy cheap shoes. Now if they're supportive and comfortable and don't look like orthotics, I will spend on them. I'll also spend on a bag that works the way I need it to work. I paid almost $200 for the one I use now, no-name brand but awesome quality and I've used it nearly every day on vacation and in real life for over two years.
I have been going through and getting rid of clothes and things in general that I don't love as well. Time to invest in some pieces that bring happiness! Love all the good deals you got at ON! And Lush, you know I love it!!! VS is one of my favorite places to get swimsuits, their tops are just so much more supportive than most brands. I think it helps that they make ones your exact bra size.
ReplyDeleteMmmm I love Lush! And thanks for reminding me I have a Mask of Magnaminty that I need to use up!
ReplyDeleteConsidering how much you got.. that total does not seem terrible at all!! Awesome! I got similar sunglasses this week! So fun! I really want some new converse. It's been a VERY long time. I definitely pay full price for nice bras and undies. There is nothing worse than uncomfortable/ill fitting undergarments. Seriously. XO - Alexandra
ReplyDeleteSimply Alexandra: My Favorite Things