What's In The Bag (5 days):
5 Bottoms:
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 dress
8 Tops:
- 5 t-shirts (one dressy)
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 cardigan
3 Pairs of Shoes:
- flip flops
- brown sandals
- strappy heels
Unmentionables:
- 7 pairs of underwear
- 4 bras
Personal Care:
- toiletry bag
- make-up bag
- glasses
Other:
- one nighty (sleepwear)
- one cami set (sleepwear)
- 2 bathing suit cover-ups
- 2 bathing suits
- cross-body bag
- wristlet
- Flats
- jeans
- t-shirt, and sweatshirt
Tips:
Know Before You Go: What do you plan to do on your trip? For this vacation, I plan to spend a day or two sightseeing, but mostly being a beach bum, so I know I won't be needing a lot of accessories or dressy clothes. Knowing what's on your itinerary can help you narrow down your options.
Pick A Color Palette: I like to stay with neutrals because I can easily mix and match everything easily, and rework different outfits. Sticking with clothes that are within a certain color wheel or picking a specific accent color or pattern can make choosing what to pack easier.
Wear The Bulky Stuff: I included what I'm wearing as a separate category because it's more clothes, just not taking up extra space in my suitcase. I always get cold on flights, so I'll be wearing a few layers (including a sweatshirt) and my sneakers.
Invest in empty travel size containers: It doesn't make any sense to be buying "travel size" toiletries at the store when you can get a whole set of empty containers at the Dollar Store and fill them with what you normally use. Yeah it may take an extra few minutes, but those travel-size toiletries add up!
Start a Border With Shoes!
Roll Your Clothes!: this is always my #1 tip. It seriously saves so much space, and leaves clothes less wrinkled upon arrival.
Don't leave empty spaces! Packing a wristlet? Why not fill it with your jewelry or other accessories? Closed toe shoes? Perfect for storing some of those unmentionables!
Not everything has to go in your Carry-on: You're allowed to bring in one carry-on (to place above in the storage space) and one "purse" that fits underneath your seat. I always leave extra room in this bag for anything that doesn't quite fit into the Carry-on. Extra shoes? Toss them in here! No room for the toiletry bag, or may need medicine while flying that you stored in there? Throw that in here for easier access! I always keep my electronics in here too, along with other necessities like my wallet and travel documentation. The best tip I've seen for getting the most out of your under-the-seat "purse" is to keep everything in pouches for easier retrieval, especially if you're in a rush. Also, keep what you need at the top, and the things that simply didn't fit at the bottom.
Leave room for souvenirs!
What's the best tip you've learned or used?




Great packing list! Hope you are having fun in Florida.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I've learned about packing for myself is that I almost never use my mini shampoo/conditioner/etc, because the hotel usually provides those things. Also I've never needed to buy them, because we've stashed so many extras from hotels in the past, but I'm starting to think about thinning out our collection since it just sits there. :P
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your trip!!!
Such a good list. I try to wear the same color palette to cut down on shoes and accessories needed as well. And I always take one of my bigger purses to fit the extras. Hope you are having fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteI always bring a big ass bag as my second carry on. Good list! Hope you're having a blast!
ReplyDeleteAwesome list! Have a blast in Key West :-D
ReplyDeleteGreen Fashionista
Roll clothes...I'm gonna have to try that the next time I go on vacation. This is a great list & great tips! Hope you have a great time! By the way, you forgot to pick me up! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhy have I never heard of rolling clothes! I'm totally doing that for my next vacation!
ReplyDeleteLove it! I always roll my clothes and stash so much shit in a big "tote" since you can carry on and carry a bag
ReplyDelete