
Saturday morning we were up and out early to go tell off my mailman at the post office (short story here) and drop-off my ThredUp bag. We ran a few other errands and came home to put together Blue's booze shelf. It took about 2 hours to put together something that ultimately took 15 min because the parts were mislabeled. The top pic is the before, her wine table with booze on top; after on the left, the booze shelf and restyled wine table. We actually put a wine painting up too, but I couldn't capture it here.
The rest of the evening was spent catching up on our shows and stuffing our faces. We finally got the grill out and Blue made an awesome London broil.
![]() |
| Of course his fave was the crown, as he is king of the land. |
Next up was Jersey Spirits Distillery. We've been here before so Mark had a gin/vodka/whiskey flight and Blue and I had cocktails. Mark has dabbled in home brewing, and we've been trying to talk him into doing it full time and opening a place like these because he loves doing it and has a great palette, so he was chatting up one of the owners. We finished up at Magnify Brewing right next door. I love the industrial looking space and the mason jar lighting; the whole vibe in there is fantastic. I was a bit disappointed because they were out of about half their menu, but we did get to sample ones we hadn't tried before and I found one to refill my growler with for deck beers.
So, how was your weekend? Did you get out and enjoy that spring-y weather?
Linking up with Biana.







Ohhh Titus wine sounds like lots of fun! I hope it comes in soon for you. I dont like going out on weeknights either, but if it has to happen then Thursdays are best. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!!! Love the alcohol displays and beer tastings. Yum!
ReplyDeleteGah I can't wait to watch Kimmy! I'm also not a huge fan of going out on week days, so I'm glad I'm not that only one haha. I always feel like that makes me an old lady. I love the mason jar lighting and open industrial feel of that last place too! Those are my favorite kinds of places.
ReplyDeleteI really need to get out and try some of these breweries! It was such a gorgeous weekend and today has been dragging.
ReplyDeleteThe booze shelf turned out cool! What a fun idea!
ReplyDeletewww.amemoryofus.com
I'm digging the new booze shelf.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Keebler! Tell him his Aussie friends Astro, Ivy, and Ricky send birthday love :)
I forgot about Kimmy! Need to watch, obviously. Although I might save it for when OUAT ends to make me feel better about the long wait for season 6. Plus we'll have Game of Thrones soon, and I can only handle one or two TV shows at a time. I love Blue's wine rack/table!
ReplyDeleteThe new booze storage looks great! And I see you guys are still together after the attemped assembly. LOLOLOL Assembling anything is always a relationship test in our house.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for a binge session of Kimmy as soon as I can! You did it big this weekend haha I need to officially come out of hibernation! Looks like a great one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend. I love the new booze shelf. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll have to sit down & watch me some Kimmie as well.
What a fun weekend! I want to go do some tasting!! Your booze shelf is awesome. I'm five episodes in on Kimmy and can't wait to finish it this weekend. Happy birthday to Keebler!
ReplyDelete