I didn't do a weekend update this week because I didn't do a whole lot this weekend and ICYMI, I had a very important announcement to share on Monday. So I'm sharing it now. On Friday, Blue went to the grocery store solely to buy beef for a beefy/cheesy pasta dish she was going to make (it was delicious but not pretty, hence no pic), and Cheez-Its. Beef and Cheese. Cue one of my favorite movie lines ever, from Elf.
Saturday kicked off with eggs and corned beef hash, which I love and has quickly become a weekend staple. The rest of Saturday was spent being sloths and watching Daredevil. Spoiler alert: we finished it in about a day and a half. I am displeased with the ending. Anyone else watch it?
![]() |
| beef and cheese/Daredevil |
![]() |
| Keebler attacking the TV, eggs/corned beef hash, a sad looking but delicious Cinnabon |
I got a notice the other day that one of my favorite magazines is kaput. ALL THESE THINGS ENDING! DISLIKE! I loved this magazine because a) it was a free subscription b) they offered coupons and c) they had really great tips on hausfrauing, organizing, eating, and general living. They are honoring the remainder of the subscription by swapping in Real Simple. I already get that magazine (also free). I like it, but it's too "pretty" (much like the clean, all white staged photos on IG that I don't like). And it doesn't offer the same down to Earth advice and price points on things that All You offered. Sigh. I will forever be hoarding the All You issues I haven't yet recycled.
![]() |
| goodbye, old friend |
And now a final farewell to the linkup. While I'm sad to see it go, it had a really great run, and I appreciate that the hosts gave me an outlet to share all the "other" or "etc." minutia of my days and random thoughts weekly, while meeting new bloggers and visiting the other regulars. Thanks for the ride Kristin and Joey!





That cinnabon looks so tasty - I wish we had one around here!
ReplyDeleteWait, All You is ending? Damn. I subscribe to both.
ReplyDeleteI love All You!!!! I didn't know it was ending. Awww man. This is a sad day indeed. I get Real Simple in the mail but you are right, some stuff is super staged like Pinterest and not practical. I didn't do a weekend shenanigas post this weekend because I had nothing to share either. I read a book, watched tv, played Wooly Yoshi on the Wii U and cleaned. Took zero pictures. Haha!
ReplyDeleteOk I officially am craving a cinnabon now - YUM! I need a weekend of good food and tv binging <3
ReplyDeleteGreen Fashionista
I've never heard of that magazine but that sucks its ending! I may also be the only person ever who hates cinabon. lol for some reason they just taste bad to me
ReplyDeleteI really hate when stuff I love ends... magazines, link-ups, tv shows, celebrity couples. It just sucks. All your meals described here sound super good, though!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you on your thoughts about the mall. The stores are either too expensive, too dark & creepy (Hollister/Abercrombie) or too cramped to actually breathe. Ha!
ReplyDeletePS - a sad Cinnabon is still tasty looking. :)
I forgot about All You! I had a subscription for a long time. Bummer that it's ending. I feel old at the mall too. We have three malls along the 1-5 corridor that are ALWAYS packed, mo matter what because they are huge with a million restaurants and a movie theater. But the rest of the malls are pretty depressing. We went to a smaller mall for the first time a few weekends ago and I think we were four of about 50 people in the whole thing.
ReplyDelete