Monday, April 11, 2016

An Announcement!

Even though I read a lot, I have many of books sitting at home on my bookshelves, collecting dust, and waiting to be read.  All too often, I get caught up in the fun of library visits, library queues, and library reserves.  So, I read library books instead of those that I already own.  Erin from TexErin-in-Sydneyland and I were talking about this; she's trying to read all the books she owns by the end of the year. So we decided to do this together and host a link-up!


For the month of June, Erin and I are challenging ourselves to "read my books."  We challenge you to do it with us (but your own books, of course, or ebooks or audiobooks, whatever you have waiting for you).  We picked JUNE to give us plenty of time to organize ourselves and plan ahead (for me, this means reading all my library books checked and clearing any reserves.)  We will host a link-up in July, and any of you that succeed in the "Read My Books" challenge will be eligible for a gift card from Amazon (to buy more books!)!!

Link-up will be the second THURSDAY of JULY (because lots of us participate in Steph's and Jana's "Show Us Your Books" link-up which is always the second Tuesday, so this should be a pretty easy post to prepare for after that one.) This is the first time I've ever co-hosted a linkup and/or challenge, so I'm really excited and hope you'll join in! Happy reading!!

9 comments:

  1. Yayyy!!! I'm definitely doing this. I have a pile on my nighstand and at least one on my Kindle. They're mostly the "for your own good" type of books, so I keep ignoring them to go read fun YA fantasy books instead. I also have access to my roommate's huge collection of books now, but I'm not going to force myself to read all of those - he has very eclectic taste so some are right up my alley and some are far from what I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through my books this week and actually getting rid of MANY. So I'll save the ones I haven't read and read them in June! Sharing this on SUYB tomorrow for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we actually didn't have library cards anymore, and I went last week and signed up and am now obsessed with free ebooks! I already have 3 books to read, so I'll def try and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm does getting through my Netgalley books count? LOL! Because I have like 7 loaded on my ipad and I need to finish them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it will be interesting to see what books people have at home but haven't read. I know I have some that others have recommended and said nothing but great things about them. I'm looking forward to diving into them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. As you saw, I have many books (though not nearly as many as I used to have) and a lot of them really need to be read. I have a goal on my 101 in 1001 list to read all the books I own, so this should be good to get me on track for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea! I have stacks and stacks of books I haven't read yet because there's always another one coming from the library. I'm in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! My plan in 2016 is to read more of the books I already have and haven't touched than to go and borrow others or buy new ones. This will be perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So doing this! So all we have to do is link-up on the second thursday of July?

    ReplyDelete