I am FINALLY doing a weekend update! I have so many back entries to do, but I don't like doing an update and not linking the photos, so they sit in draft form, awaiting pics! However, I didn't take any pics this weekend, so I don't feel guilty for not posting them!
I was so excited to get away this weekend. My girlfriend invited me to her parents' house down the shore, so I thought it would be a great mini escape/girls weekend. It was not what I expected at ALL.
*Friday: First of all, we were supposed to go down together. But she sent a text early and said that she had summer Fridays, so would she mind if I just met here there. I was actually happy to be traveling alone, but she knew she was getting off early way in advance- why not tell me before the day of? It just irked me. We stayed in Friday, which was also fine since i was a little tired from the week. But then everyone (including her) went to bed at 10PM. 10! I don't go to bed until 11:30-12! Luckily, I had a room to myself, with a TV, so I just watched TV while texting another friend until I was tired.
* Saturday: I thought we (meaning me and my friend) were going to the beach. She had even asked me the day before if we should bring a cooler of beers, and of course I said yes! I didn't realize that "we" also included her mother. Her mom is very nice, I just thought it would be us two. So of course when she asks me on Saturday morning (in front of her mom) if I want beer, I say no, if that's not usually what they do, then it was fine. And of course I was embarrassed, because she made it look like it was all my idea!
We went to a beach club that her parents belong to. It was ok. It was kind of small, so when everyone started arriving, I felt like they were on top of me. I could barely stretch out my legs for fear of kicking something or someone. Seriously. It got cold/windy around 2, so we left early. Then her mom wanted to go shopping. That would have been fine, but she took us to a shopping center where I couldn't afford anything. And she and my friend started shopping. So, that was uncomfortable and awkward.
After that, we went back to the house, took showers, and decided what to do for dinner. I thought we would finally get some one-on-one time. She had another idea. It was her parents anniversary, and they were going to some seafood restaurant on the water, so she decided we would go with them. However, the food was excellent- I had a lobster and crab bisque, and a crab cake sandwich, and they were both really fresh and tasty. So, not too many complaints there. And then her parents dropped us off in Red Bank so we could go bar-hopping. I felt so much like a kid/teenager being dropped off by her parents. But anyway.
So we go to The Downtown. First of all, she wasn't talkative. Second, there was a rally bad live band. And third, the one TV that was on was playing high school football. What?! So we had a beer and then left- I said I wanted to see a different one. I picked The Dubline House, which was indoor/outdoor, and VERY crowded. FINALLY SOME EXCITEMENT! It was a gorgeous night, but she wanted to sit inside. Ugh. So we compromise, have one inside, and lend her money to play the jukebox*, and then we would go outside. So that worked, but then she started crying. I swear you give this girl 3 beers and she starts crying- this time it was over an ex she broke up with over a year ago. And then, once she finally stopped, we got hit on/cock-blocked by a 47 year old man. EW. So. None of that was fun at all.
Sunday: I was all too eager to get home. And SO HAPPY once I did. C and I got bagels, took a nap, did some groceries, got Burger King, and watched the Season Finale of True Blood. (Sidenote: WTF!!? What happened with that Warlor character? And finally Edgington?! And OMG Bill! They really love covering people in blood on that show!) It was truly perfect.
* I loaned her money for the jukebox because she had no money on her. WHO GOES TO THE BAR WITH NO MONEY?! She KNEW where we were going! And also, she could have just stopped at an ATM! Annoying.
----------------------------------------------------
So, as I just noted, we did groceries. This was a big deal, since I really can't remember the last time we did a proper grocery. Summer comes and we get super lazy, or are always eating out for convenience sake. But I noticed that some of our coupons were expiring, and I had jotting a few things down during the week, so it made this trip less painful. Also, last weekend I finally put a lot of recipes I've been cutting out into our Recipe Binder, and I got re-energized in finding some tasty meals to make! So I decided to do a meal plan!
MONDAY
- Meatloaf (C's secret family recipe)
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
*YOYO*
THURSDAY
-white rice
FRIDAY
*Date Night: Vicino Di Mare*
SATURDAY
*Indo-American Fair*
Do you make a meal plan each week? What's cookin in your kitchen?!
Linking up with these ladies this week!



Sorry your weekend was sucky! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHOR. RIBB. LE. Wow, what a disaster. Sorry that happened, sounds awful!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like such an awkward weekend! Why bother inviting a friend if you're going to be so awkward the whole time!? I hope next weekend is better!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the weekend was a definite flop! I'm so sorry that it turned out that way, but looks like you've got some great meals ahead for the week.
ReplyDelete