2 weekends ago, C and I set out to NYC for the Parked! Food Truck Festival! [I know, super late in updating!]
In case I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE food trucks. Seriously. So I was super excited to see all these in one spot! I have the belief that street food and food truck food is some of the best you can get.
The event itself was free, you just paid for food and drinks.
We got there around 2, and it was super crowded. In fact, it was a bit daunting at first. Where do we even begin? Because you see, it looked like this:
No joke.
So we decided to walk through that mass, down closer to the Seaport itself, and literally start from one end to the other. But when we got to the other side, we found BBQ pork sliders (one of my faves) and some short rib tacos for C at Mexicue. And then right next door, there was Red Hook Lobster Pound, and well, we needed lobster rolls, obvi.
When we were finishing up that bad boy, our friends showed up, so we grabbed some beers [because for some reason you can drink in the streets here- huzzah!] and continued our food truck tour. I have to say, I loved the variety of trucks there. Some of our other treats included empanadas from Bongo Bros., breaded potato rolls, a "petit" key lime pie from La Bella Torte, mango citrus smoothie from Kelvin Slush, and the best dumplings I've ever had from Rickshaw Dumplings. Seriously. Best. Damn. Dumplings. I've heard a lot about Rickshaw, so I was weary to believe the hype, but I honestly could have eaten these dumplings all day.
Once we were too full to eat anymore, My friend M and her bf brought us around to the back of the Seaport, where there was a beer garden- Beekman Beer Garden to be exact. It was also super crowded, but offered amazing views of the Brooklyn and Williamsburg Bridge (I think...).
It was soo much fun, and the food was all so good! My only regret was that I couldn't eat more!







Oh my word. That is one of the coolest ideas for a festival I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteUmm, yum! Can we please find a time machine and go back so I can be part of this?!
ReplyDelete