Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Favorites- Halfway Through February

Why is it that shorter weeks always feel longer than regular weeks? I feel like there were 3 Wednesdays this week. I thought work life would be easier now that my coworker is back, but she still can't see (she's been having eye troubles for over month- which is why she was out), so she's pretty much useless in terms of getting stuff done. Hopefully things will be better next week. Tonight Blue and I are headed to see Hall and Oates and Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, which was my Vday present to her (thanks Groupon!). I had honestly forgot that I had purchased these tickets back in December, but I'm excited! Let's kick off this weekend right with Amanda and some of this week's favorites. 

Favorite Song: Cheap Thrills- Sia


Favorite Quote:
self-affirmations are good for the soul

Favorite Pic: My Valentine's Day flowers finally bloomed! Lillies are my favorite :) 



Favorite Video: Apparently I'm all about Sia today. This carpool karaoke with James Corden was on point! 


Favorite Reads: 

National Drink Wine Day was yesterday. Ha. Where do they come up with these ridiculous days? Drink Wine Day is whenever I have wine in my apartment, silly pants. Which will be more often now that I've subscribed to Club W. They deliver 3 (or more- you can decide) personally picked wines to your door monthly. You just fill out a quick (6 questions) survey regarding your tastes, and they recommend some wines for you to try, or you can peruse their entire selection. You can skip a month or cancel anytime. And you can get $20 off your first order using this link. (Thanks Lindsay for letting me know about this service!) 

Not sure if I shared this before or not, but Steph wrote about doing 3 things each day. Just commit to the doing the top 3 things that need to be done that day. I've been doing this and have found that often when I commit to 3, I usually get about 5 things done because I'm already moving and doing and motivated to do just one more thing. It's working well and I love it. 

You know how you have all these bills and they're due on different dates? For instance, rent is usually due the 1st, but you car payment may be due the 15th, and Netflix on the 7th or some other arbitrary date? If you're like many people, you get paid every two weeks, and not on the same dates. So you may get paid Friday, but that bill is due on Thursday- now what? Well if you're an hourly worker, there's an app to help with that. Activehours allows you to take the money you've already earned in advance, without any extra fees/surcharges. How awesome is that?! 

Favorite Funnies: 







What are you up to this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Haha I love all of those at the end. Hall & Oates is awesome, I hope you guys have a great time. I feel terribly out of the loop saying this but I no idea who Sia is. I will need to listen to these videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hall & Oates?! You Make My Dreams is probably honestly one of my favorite songs ever, even though it doesn't always pop in my head when I think of favorites. I seriously feel like it must be turned up every time it comes on. Love that self-affirmation! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha that lotion!!!! The carpool karaoke stuff is always so funny. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shower temp thing has me laughing a lot.

    Yay! I'm glad three things is working for you. That's what happens to me too - I invariably get four to six things done instead of the three I was aiming for...but then of course there are the days when I'm struggling to get the check mark next to the third one, so it balances out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the Sia carpool yet! checking it out now!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE carpool karaoke! that's such a great segment of the show.

    ReplyDelete