Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Confessions: Work, Food, and Money

It's Wednesday which means it's time to confess with Nadine and Kathy, so let's get right to it!

Friday was my boss's last day and I have no idea what will become of my position since I'm the only person in my "department" (my coworker is on short term disability). And I'm freaking the eff out.


Someone asked me for a one line description of my job and I had no idea what to tell him. My job responsibilities have changed so much in the last year that I legit don't even know what I do anymore.

Like I mentioned, my coworker is on short term disability. I've been getting stuck doing all the work. While I understand that she's not well, I'm starting to get pissed off. But then I feel bad for getting mad. #viciouscycle
North Star Girl Lone Star World: Final Confessions of January

I was way more excited about the Superbowl than Valentine's Day. Why? Because all the food! Plus I kinda feel like there are too many expectations that come with Valentine's Day, and everything is overpriced, and I can't get a decent meal anywhere without making reservations a year in advance.

I posted about the cheese bombs I was going to make for the Superbowl on Friday, but I didn't get a chance to make them because we had too much food already.

barry allen - Google Search

You know what's a great way to not spend money? Lose your debit card. I mean, I wouldn't suggest it, but man, is it effective! Somehow I misplaced it after going grocery shopping on Saturday, and didn't notice until I was on my way to work Monday morning. Obviously I wasn't watching my wallet very well. #walletwatch

You know what's really not a good way to save money? Having a  new Dunkin Donuts open up in your train station. I'm weak in the morning. And 50 points for a breakfast sandwich? Done and done.

The 24 Most Relatable Mindy Lahiri Quotes From “The Mindy Project”

Speaking of food, remember when I said I was going to try to only spend $60 on groceries for the month? HAHAHA, that was funny. Groceries be more 'spensive than I thought. And I didn't factor in throwing a Superbowl party.

I totally forgot that I wasn't supposed to eat meat today (Catholics note: it's Ash Wednesday!) until Blue reminded me about an hour before lunchtime. And I almost decided to eat it anyway because it's spaghetti and meatballs day at work. But I refrained.

rupaul gifs - Google Search

The fact that there were an odd number of confessions was bothering me, so I'm adding one. That kind of counts as a confession right? Does having an odd or not rounded number bother you too? Just me? Ok then.


What are you 'fessing up to?

More Coffee Less Talky

10 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of V-Day. I just hate pre-fixe menus that cost like double of going on a different day and having waaaay more options to choose from! Plus the reservations and how crowded it is...ugh. We like to order food and watch movies. And Super Bowl food is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a vday person, never have been. Though, I can get behind pink and hearts and sparkles as the decor for sure! I do the same thing every year for Chris and I...which is make a thing of homemade lasagna with homemade sauce and we exchange cards. Nothing fancy but its what we have been doing for the last 6 years and I love it!

    Getting stuck with someone elses works sucks, even if the circumstances are sad for the person who is gone. No shame in that. Good luck with the position outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. groceries are stupid expensive where i am. strawberries were $9.99!!! WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We aren't Valentine's Day people either. If we can use it as an excuse to stay in pajamas, watch movies, and drink wine (I know, we can do that anytime)...then, that is a good Valentine's Day for me.

    I would have never even noticed the odd vs even number of confessions - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost decided to eat the meat anyway... baahahahaha! I love it! And I admire your restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO! Not today Satan..seriously almost peed myself. I spend $60 on groceries a week there is no way I could go $60 for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not observe lent anymore and I love not having to remember about the meat. LOL

    I say do Valentine's day at home - Blue can cook and you can pick up the dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm giving meat up for all of Lent! I did it last year and figured I'd give it a try again this year.

    Good luck with your job! Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I was going to say something about your $60 on groceries, but figured I should keep my mouth shut because I don't know what you normally keep in the house and I knew you had a higher dining out budget than I set... but yeah, groceries are no joke. My budget for me is usually between 100 and 150, depending on the month and what I have going on!

    Also, I second Steph's suggestion about V-day! That's the way to go for sure if you're going to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gifs in this post! I think I may need to have to lose my debit card. Haha! I'm not really into Valentine's day either. We are so burned out from Christmas and our birthdays, and we almost always do a winter vacation, plus my son's and nephew's birthdays are in February. It's like NYE to me. So many expectations and it's almost never as good as you want it to be. I got my kids some little things though. :)

    ReplyDelete