I also confess that I was overwhelmed and touched by all of your birthday wishes- thank you!
Now on to today's Christmas confessions...
I'm not a huge fan of Christmas. Mostly, I find a lot of the things about it annoying, but part of it is also because it's a big family holiday and I don't have a lot of family, and the family I do have isn't all that close. I'd say this has been more true in recent years, but I think I've always felt this way, to a lesser degree. Anyway, here are some other Christmas confessions.
I don't like:
- Christmas carolers because they're annoying.
- Black Friday because it's a madhouse and leads to absolutely ridiculous behavior like trampling over people just to get inside a freakin Walmart.
- putting up lights
- white Christmas trees
- candy canes in any flavor other than spearmint
I don't like Christmas music. At All. At any time, but especially any time before Thanksgiving. The other night I was asked what my favorite Christmas Carol was, and I had to think long and hard before I said "Dominick the Donkey." A few others I tolerate:
Songs:
Shake Up Christmas- Train
All I Want For Christmas- Mariah Carey
Feliz Navidad- Jose Feliciano
Dominic the Donkey- Lou Monte
The 12 Pains of Christmas (so funny)
You know what kills me? The Christmas Shoes song by NewSong. I'm not a bigger crier, but seriously only listen to this with tissues nearby.
I'm not a total Grinch. I do like:
- driving around seeing all the other houses lit up
- finding the perfect present
- Cyber Monday/getting said perfect present at a great price
- seeing the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center
- Collecting Christmas ornaments from wherever I go on vacation. Does that count as a tradition?
Food/Drinks:
pizzelles
mulled wine
DD mint hot chocolate
merry Manhattan
Movies:
Elf
Love Actually
The Holiday
Bad Santa
A Christmas Story
Where do you fall? Are you a huge Christmas lover? Or do you just tolerate the season? Linking up with the lovely ladies below!
*** Shameless plug: part of a linkup is to find other bloggers, right? A little birdie told me that one of my posts (this one) was nominated for a blog award over HERE. And I'm a Finalist! I would love it if you would vote for me, but even if you don't, I was happy to see some of my very favorite fellow bloggers nominated as well! Check out the link to vote and find some new awesome blogs!***



Dominic the Donkey and Feliz Navidad are two of my favorites!!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhh 12 Pains of Christmas!!!!! Another Bob Rivers fan!!!! I love all his Twisted Christmas CD's and have been a fan for years. My dad used to play them when we were little. And you know what pizzelles are!!! Since I am from Pittsburgh, that was a tradition for us every year and my mom still makes them every year. I always offer them to friends here and they are always like WTF are these???? Like how can you not like them????
ReplyDeleteChristmas wouldn't mean as much to me if it wasn't for my family and all the traditions, so I get it.
Like you I'm not really one to go through the trouble of putting up Christmas decors and putting up with carolers (esp. unruly kids raping your doorbell multiple times a day), but I really love walking around the Christmas-themed neighborhood and city. Would love it if Christmas in the Philippines won't include a storm for once. :)
ReplyDeleteWhateverBabe | Bloglovin
Haha I am starting to see a lot of people are not huge fans of Christmas. I love it but I can see where it starts to be too much
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Feliz Navidad and I'm so mad I forgot it in my favorite Christmas songs post!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big fan of white Christmas trees either. And I don't think I've ever actually seen Christmas carolers in real life. Like I didn't think people did that for real anymore! Ha!
I don't like white christmas trees or fruity flavored candy canes either. And I sometimes wish Black Friday would be done away with altogether. Like really, fighting over a toaster? Craziness.
ReplyDeleteSeeing lit-up houses around Montclair is one of my favorite things. People are really good around here. With you on the hate for Black Friday, this year more than ever. Also I've never experienced Christmas caroling in real life, but if I did I'm sure I would be beyond irritated.
ReplyDeleteLOVE ACTUALLY FOREVER.
Also, don't forget our deal about Christmas.
I love Christmas music for a solid week, and then I am burnt out, lol. I am not a huge fan of candy canes other than the occasional peppermint kind. I love those wafers!! Happy Belated Bday :)
ReplyDeleteJana and I have our own version of a Christmas playlist ready to post for this Thursday. (your tomorrow, my today, because I live in the future) I'm betting that you'll be okay with some of our selections.
ReplyDeleteAll your movies listed are pretty much my faves too. I'm pretty sure if I was in NJ, I'd invite myself over to have a Christmas movie marathon with you and Blue. I'd bring wine. But not egg nog. I loathe egg nog.
The Christmas Shoes song should be banned. Forever. Everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI like the Christmas season just fine. I don't love it and I dislike the implication that not being OMG CHRISTMAS EVERYTHING is grinchy. It's not.