Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beach Day Essentials and An Invite

I'm sure most of us have gone to the beach at least once this summer (I hope!), but I forgot to post this before and it was sitting in my drafts, so I'm sharing it now. It's also great timing because this Saturday I'm heading to Point Pleasant Beach, NJ for Bloggers Beach Day! This was Michael's idea, and I'm so excited to meet some local bloggers! If you're in the NJ/NY/PA area, I hope you can come! Just leave a comment for the specifics! Here's what I'll be packing in  my beach bag:

Beach Bag Essentials



1. Sunglasses- I buy cheapies because I'm forever losing or breaking them.

2. Sunscreen- I'm really bad at putting on sunscreen because I very rarely burn (once, maybe?). I try to put on at least 15, especially when I know I'm going to be out in the sun all day.

3. Towel/blanket/chair- Honestly I like sitting more than laying in the sand, but I also bring a towel in case I actually get in the ocean (very, very rare). This chair is perfect because it's low to the ground (also good for concerts), and has a strap to carry it easily.

4. Deodorant- I sweat like a man. I know it and hate it, but at least I've learned how to control it.

5. Book/Kindle- Though I won't do it when I'm with a group of people and socializing, I do love reading on the beach in general.

6. Portable music player- I just found this one from SunnyLife and absolutely love it! You connect it to your phone/iPod inside to protect it from the heat/sand/water. Smart!

7. Hair ties/hat- You know those commercials or pictures where the woman is standing on the shore, wind blowing freely through her long hair? That's not real life, at least not for me. My hair likes to get all up in my face with any passing breeze. I carry extra hair ties for this reason. Hats come in handy too, though I don't really look good in them.

8. Water- I like freezing a reusable bottle to take with me, that way it stays cool longer.

9. Snacks- To keep from getting hangry, and for sharing. Because sharing is caring.

10. Bottle opener- Because it's always good to be prepared, especially if you're bringing along a cooler bag :)


What are some staples that you carry to the beach? 

[via]


Linking up with Kristin and Joey for Stuff and Things.

*I'm not receiving any compensation for the links above. I just really like the brand!

8 comments:

  1. Yesss, can't wait for Saturday! A lot of these are my must-haves too. And you're right, that hair thing is so not realistic. If I leave mine down it's just one big, knotted rats nest in 2 seconds flat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would much rather sit in a chair than lay on a towel and get sand all over me when the wind blows. I also only buy cheap sunnies because they always end up lost. And I sadly also sweat like a man. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay beach meetup! I always get burned. I slather on my SPF 50 several times in a day and then wait to see what spot I missed. There's always something. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book, chair, water, snacks, SPF, hat!

    I'll be in that area this Saturday I think, but with MFD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I am way overdue for a beach day. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I actually wrote my list down as I was reading because I know damn well I'll forget something! I need to get a chair. I'm good with laying down but sometimes a chair is just better. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list!! I haven't been to the beach once this summer. I was suppose to go today but it's not looking like it will be a beach day.

    ReplyDelete