This weekend I'm going camping. It's not "authentic" camping, like in a tent without running water and peeing in the woods, but that's just fine by me! I was never good at setting up tents, and it's suppose to rain, so I'm quite happy to be sheltered in a cabin on a cot with flushable toilets and working showers inside. I haven't gone camping in years, and I can't wait! Mind you, I don't know 13 out of the 16 people going, but that's neither here nor there (actually it is there, but you get my point). This group has been going camping together for the last 7 years, and they were nice enough to invite me, so of course I said yes! Part of this trip includes rafting down the Delaware, which I've wanted to do for literally the last 5-6 years, so you can imagine my excitement! It's a short trip, only like 2 days altogether, so today I'm sharing what I packed.
Clothes:
Clothes:
Jeans
Sweatshirt - I get cold easily
Pjs (tee and shorts)
Undergarments
Tee and shorts for going home
Rafting:
Bathing suit- not my prettiest, but definitely my sturdiest
Towel
Board shorts/Board tee- mostly for sun protection
Water shoes
Cooler:
S'mores supplies
Fruit tray- these two were part of our group contribution
Sandwiches- breakfast and dinners will be supplied, but we were told to bring our own lunches for rafting
Beer- Everyone was told to BYOB
Water/Coke- these will also be supplied, but never hurts to have extras!
Other:
Facial clothes
Bug repellent
Baby powder- Steph's mom mentioned it was great for getting rid of sand
Sunscreen
Sneakers- in case it rains
Battery packs- in case we actually have reception
Toiletries/aleve
Flashlight- because lions and tigers and bears, oh my! (No but really- bears!)
Toilet paper- I almost always bring this, just in case! There's almost nothing worse than being without it. Many concerts, etc have taught me that
Cards Against Humanity- I'm in charge of entertainment, so I have this + expansion packs and the phone version of Charades, called Head's Up. I heard someone else was also bringing a karaoke machine!
Corkscrew- I'm sticking to beer, bringing this in case anyone else brought wine
A killer playlist- because music makes the world go 'round.


Solid list! I never go anywhere without a sweatshirt. I hate being cold!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time!
Camping with a roof over my head and plumbing I can get behind! Digging a hole in the woods and getting rained on in a tent...not so much! Have so much fun!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great list! We always bring PB&J ingredients camping. I always seem to get extra hungry when I'm outdoors for days and these hit the spot! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat are you talking about?! I think that bathing suit is great - I love the color! You've listed everything I would have thought to bring. I'm sure there's *something* you'll realize once you're there though. That always happens. I miss camping. we used to go every summer when I was a kid. I haven't been in... jesus, 20 years?
ReplyDeleteGreat list. Have fun camping.
ReplyDeletei dont like camping anymore. i used to when i was younger but now that i'm much older, i prefer the comfort of my house!
ReplyDelete