Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Updates- Aladdin, Pizza, and Hair

My weekend felt like it started Wednesday, when I chopped off 15" of hair to donate to Locks Of Love. I was growing it out expressly for this purpose, because I know some places will only accept 12" or more. It took about a year and a half-ish. I cannot even express how much lighter my head felt after it was off. Literally a weight off of my shoulders!


before/after
Thursday we had a snow day! I was able to accomplish a lot around the house. It was a great day equally spent getting things done and relaxing.

view from back patio

snow day wine
Friday I went to see John's Pizzeria and to see Aladdin on Broadway. A friend had posted back in December that she was getting a group together (for the group rate) in the Orchestra section. I jumped on the opportunity. Broadway at a discounted rate? Count me in!

I've heard rave reviews about John's, but had never been. Honestly, I didn't like it. They are popular for having brick oven pizza, but I've had much better. I tried the margherita with mushrooms and fresh basil, and it was pretty soggy. I was really looking forward to the bottom crunch. However, the wine and fried calamari made up for it.


Aladdin was the second Disney Broadway show I've seen (and within a week!). Honestly, this felt like it was geared towards children. The Lion King was much more realistic and heartfelt. This one was cartoonish and seemed to be more about fireworks, comedic dancing, and general pizzazz. I'm glad I was able to see it, but if I had to recommend one over another, I'd say go see The Lion King.


Saturday and Sunday were spent relaxing/hibernating. I didn't leave the house at all on Saturday and binged on Netflix and delivered Dominican food. Sunday I ventured out a little, as it was finally nice out and *almost* felt like Spring. It was nice to have a weekend with nothing on the agenda, as it will be the last one like that for awhile!

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. i haven't even thought about donating my hair!! what a great idea! i haven't cut mine in a while (i cut it every year) and it grows like weeds so i'll def look into donating it. thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete