Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March Goals

Things I've accomplished in February:

purchased my planner
got taxes done
planned a vacation.


This is my " Get Your Effin' Shit Together, Dani!" month. I have been lazy for the past couple months and it's time to get it together. I mean, I didn't even set goals since.... November?! Ridiculous. So without further procrastination ado, my March Goals:

1. Spend below my means.
I'm making more money than I ever have before. That's not to say I'm making a lot, but more than any other position. And if I was able to live with less money before, I should be able to continue with that. I've been putting more money towards my student loans and (finally) opened a 401K, and have more bills than other times in my life, but this should not be impossible. I just need to figure out where my "holes" are. So to find out...

2. Budget and track spending.
To find the holes and generally reign it in. I started yesterday. I just keep a note on my phone every time I spend. And being that I always have my phone on me, this should be fairly easy. I may even recap it at the end of the month, but with the vacation, it may be ridiculously off from a "normal" month of spending for me. Because... vacation.

3. Be more realistic about my time and energy levels.
Last night's plan was to come home, meal plan for the week, go grocery shopping, cook, and then do a quiz for one of my classes. Such high hopes, but not realistic. I get home around 6. Even if I change into jeans instead of sweats, once I get home (in winter), I prefer to stay there. I can generally be productive until about 8:30 if I don't sit down for too long. After that though, I start getting lazy/tired (not sure which exactly it is, but the thought of moving off of the couch is distant). Knowing this, I need to plan my evening hours better.

4. Catch up on all schoolwork [mandatory, since I have midterms this month]
Pretty self explanatory. I'm enrolled in two grad classes, and basically haven't done shit for either of them, because they haven't made me. But now the one requires project work for the midterm, and the other one wants a "self evaluation" of how we would be as a Project Manager. Ick.

5. Use What I Have
Aka being resourceful. I'm usually very good at this, but I haven't been lately. I was about to buy a pair of  water shoes just two days ago, but they didn't have my size. Then I went looking through my closet last night and found a pair (with the tags still on). I need to be aware of what I already have and use it before just going out and buying whatever it is.

6. Meal plan weekly... and (at least) 4 new recipes
Success for this week! I know I'm out of town for one week, so that doesn't count. But I think I can still work on cooking and hopefully get some new ones out, even if they're only for myself!

7. Spring Cleaning
Because honestly, it needs to be done ASAP.

8. Finish a Book [mandatory, since I have a book club meeting towards the end of the month]
This month's book is "Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination" by Helen Fielding. Looks pretty interesting!

9. Get a damn haircut. 
Because 2 hours for haircare? Ain't nobody got time for that. I'd like to donate my hair, which is why I've let it get so long. I'd like to give a solid 12 inches.

10. Apartment to "Home" Remodel
I've lived in my apartment for a year and a half already, and don't have a single thing hanging on my walls. I have things and pictures to hang, I just haven't actually gotten around to putting them up. I even bought hanger things like 3 months ago. Hopefully this will go along with my Spring cleaning goal.

Monthly Goals

5 comments:

  1. Get some stuff up on those walls my friend! I am a crazy things have to be on the walls person. I start hanging almost immediately after moving in to places.

    I need to be a little more realistic with my time some nights. I keep wanting to get things done on Monday nights and I need to just know it's not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For #2, do you have an iPhone? There's an app called iSpending that I use just to track my spending and oh man, it is the simplest, easiest-to-use app there is. It's just like jotting it down but it lets you organize. I like to do all the legwork myself when it comes to my money, so this is a great app just for keeping track of things.

    Also love #3. It's one thing to set these lofty goals, but if you just don't have the resources to meet them, all you'll do is end up frustrated and discouraged. Looks like you've got a great list for March here; good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 and #8... hello neighbor! And I saw your IG on #9 - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new Helen Fielding book? I need to check that out!

    Good luck with your goals for March! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I think it's probably my :get your effing shit together" month too. I really need to. We can do this!

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete