Thursday, August 14, 2014

Weekend Update- A Luau and The NY Renaissance Faire

Oh hey. I meant to post this like 3 days ago, but guess I forgot to hit publish. Ooops. Anyway, last weekend was awesome. Saturday was spent running errands, followed by a friend's tiki-themed party. I love a good theme party.

special appearance

shenanigans
ladies, bffs, and drunk selfie

Then on Sunday me, RJ, and my coworker/friend and her daughter headed to upstate NY for the NY Rennaissance Faire. Thank you Goldstar for the discounted tickets! It was fun, but it was HOT. Like, unnaturally hot. Probably the hottest day this summer, or at least it felt that way. And it was SUPER crowded. If you're not into crowds, this may not be the place for you. Or maybe go later in the season, because this was only the second weekend it was open, and they are only open on weekends. But still, it was a great time. I did not have a turkey leg (the sausage and pepper sandwich cost the same and was much more beneficial for my hungover self), but the Mead was delicious. Always get Mead when available.

I wonder how many pictures this guy was in

Queen's Parade

Our knight was hilarious

Jousting, and of course a selfie

I've been enjoying this week off (minus Monday- meh), and going on a mini vacation starting tomorrow- hurray! Hope you're all having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Ren Faire but my friend wants to go, so I'm thinking of going for it this year. Especially after this post! Looks fun. Thanks for the preview! :)

    ReplyDelete