Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Favorites

1. I had my first football draft of the season on Wednesday night, and I think I did pretty well, especially considering I was in 12th (yes last) pick! I would share who I got, but I have another draft on Monday and I know some of the other people read this here blog and I don't want to give away any secrets/who I have my eye on, but I'm pretty dang excited with my players!

2. Three day weekend and take out for lunch! Currently deciding between Chipotle or sushi... mmmmm....

3. Around the Interwebs:
Steph wrote about this awesome nail polish that changes color when you're exposed to a date rape drug

There will be a pop-up Central Perk coming to NYC (SoHo) to celebrate Friends 20th anniversary. AND they will have free coffee, music, and appearances from Gunther himself. I've already marked my calendar!

Summer TV sucks, and I can't wait for my favorite shows coming back this fall, especially The Mindy Project. Here are 18 things I'd like to see happen the next season!

4. My current jam: I Got U - Duke Dumont ft. Jax Jones



5. This Book: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell


From GoodReads:
"Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?"

My Thoughts: 
I absolutely adored this book. I loved Beth and Jennifer's banter- it felt like I was reading messages my friends and I send each other through the work day. I didn't love Lincoln; he seemed whiny and too insecure, but a good fit for Beth, who had been described as "too much." It ended a bit abruptly, but overall, it was a great, quick read.






Meet At The Barre

7 comments:

  1. That song has been on such repeat for me right now! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved 'Fangirl,' so I have a feeling I'll like 'Attachments' too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will definitely get attachments at the library! i'm still waiting for Eleanor and park :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved "Attachments." So so so good. :)

    I'm sad I didn't find a fantasy football league this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for fall tv to come back! Scandal... cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so hope you make it to the Friends pop-up! It sounds like the perfect nostalgic thing to do!

    ReplyDelete