This week I'm sharing:

From GoodReads:
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.
But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.
My Thoughts:
I had a hard time getting into the book until about halfway through. However, I liked the change of scenery, from factions to "the outside" and seeing how things we saw all the time (like an airplane) were explained to them. I really liked that it was told from 2 points of view and I feel like I got to know Tobias a lot better. I didn't realize he was so insecure. I also really enjoyed Tris's mom's journal, and wish there was more of it. It just kind of ended, and my questions regarding what happened between her and the head of The Bureau. Regarding the ending (which seems to have riled up people the most), I was hoping that it wouldn't end the way it did, but I understand it. I really don't think it could have ended any other way that would have made sense.
Favorite Line:
I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I chose him over and over again, and he chooses me.
Have you read this? What did you think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sing- Ed Sheeran

P.S. Steph posted this list of awesome apps (particularly for the bar)-- great list! Thanks!

I agree that the ending was completely appropriate. I hated the dual narrators at first, but obviously understood why she did it at the end. I thought it was a good way to wrap up the trilogy.
ReplyDeleteI hated the ending!! I thought they had been through enough the least they could do is be happy together!! I did NOT LIKE IT!! AND I wasn't really a fan of the movie either. It won't keep me from seeing the other two if they make it to the screen but the movie strayed away from the book a little. I didn't like it as much! Stuff being created and added in!
ReplyDeleteI have not read that series. I just couldn't get into it. I tried!
ReplyDeleteI actually heard today that they decided to turn this book into two movies. I'm not always a fan of this idea, I don't think Mockingjay has a natural split, but I think it's actually a good idea here. You could very easily split it before they leave the city and after, and just that makes me look forward to the movie more!
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing about this series. Going to have to check it out as soon as I get caught up on my library fees! :x
ReplyDelete