This week I'm sharing:

From Goodreads:
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.
My Thoughts:
Honestly, I skipped the Avett Brothers intro at the beginning of each chapter.
I loved Eddie, and the pink balloon scene in particular.
I loved the poetry- especially The Ocean. I loved how Will understood Layken so well, even from the beginning when she was trying to remain guarded. He was always there for her, even when he was trying to stay away, he seemed to keep an eye on her. I loved both of their interactions with their brothers. Though I thought Layken was sometimes childish in her interactions with her mother- literally running away when the conversation got too tough, or she didn't like what she was hearing. Slamming doors in her mother's face, even after she knew what was going on. But I guess everyone deals with grief in their own way, and she does ultimately come around.
Definitely one of my favorite books- I gave it 5 stars!
Fave Quote(s):
“There are three questions every woman should be able to answer yes to before they commit to a man. If you answer no to any of the three questions, run like hell."
"Does he treat you with respect at all times? That's the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you've found a good man.”
"Don't take life too seriously. Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit. Laugh at it. "
------------------------------------------------------
Afterlife- Ingrid Michaelson


One of the best YA books of all time! (In my opinion haha) So glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteI've heard so, so many good things about this one! Of course, I've yet to read it, but it's been on my to-read list for a while now. Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!
ReplyDeleteLoved this book! Colleen Hoover is so good!
ReplyDelete