Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend Tidbits

Friday:
I had off for Good Friday, but I wound up waking up at 7:30 anyway! Guess my body knew it was a weekday. I did a bunch of chores, and then made these bad boys to bring to a friend's house where we would be pregaming before a fun Bachelorette Party!

Before they hit the oven- black bottom cupcakes
via
And as soon as I got to the house, I promptly dropped half of them on the floor. WOMPWOMP. But we had a great time chatting, snacking, and of course drinking before we went to this wonderful little restaurant called Osteria Grotto in Montclair.

House special- linguini, shrimp and scallops...deliciousness!
The food here was phenomenal. Everything was cooked perfectly. And it's a BYO spot, and we brought a LOT of wine to wash it down. Of course, the above pic is the only one I have of the night! *blogger fail*
I thought we would be heading out afterwards, but we were so full (and tipsy drunk) that we decided to head home. We still didn't get home until almost one... not sure how that happened!

Saturday:
I had decided to stay over a friend's house instead of taking the train super late at night. Saturday morning I was in recovery, and then headed on home. I was supposed to see a friend's new baby that afternoon, but I was beat. I watched some of Elf before taking a little nap, and then running some errands. Elf is the only Christmas I like to watch even when it's not Christmas time. Oh, wait, that's not true. I can also watch Love Actually anytime of the year. But that's less holiday-ish... and it wasn't on TV.


In the late afternoon we made these baskets to take over to our friend's Shiva (did I say that correctly?). His father passed away, so they were all gathering at his parent's house. Though we were there for a super sad occasion, the event itself wasn't too depressing.
crackers, fruit, and olives
more fruit, meats, and cheeses
I was really happy we went just to support our friend. And they really seemed to enjoy our baskets- they dug right in!

Sunday:
Woke up early to go to church. I actually wore a dress, but forgot to get proof  *double blogger fail* Came home, did some errands, and then headed over to C's parents for Easter Dinner with his aunt and uncle. The food, as always, was yummy. Though I felt a little guilty for not being with my mom, I did have a nice time with his family (and being much closer to home certainly wasn't a bad thing- NJ Transit on the weekends is brutal!).

And of COURSE we were super excited to be home in time to watch Game of Thrones! I am SO happy it's back! Can't wait to see what this season brings! Do you watch the show? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. Everyone is talking about that show! I have yet to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a good weekend for you for the most part!! I am right there with you on the movie ELF!!! Best movie ever. Hands down!! I watch that shit in July!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always late on the tv show bandwagons! I just started the newest season of The Walking Dead. Sounds like an amazing 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's father. In my thoughts.

    I love those movies, hate internal clocks that block sleep-ins, and just caught up on Season 2 of Game of Thrones! Don't have HBO so I'm going to have to dodge conversations about it until I have a way to watch season 3.

    ReplyDelete