I really have not wanted to do this. I know I overspent this month. But, I guess the only thing to do is learn from my mistakes. And try not to repeat them. At least I'm getting pretty good at tracking, right?? Ok ...deep breath... here we go...
Bills (rent, cable, cell, loan repayments, etc) Budget: $1,372
Actually Spent: $0 {all bills paid in first 2 weeks}
Total: $1,382.04 (-$10)
Grocery Budget: $200
Actually Spent: $20
Total: $140.00 (+$80!)Eating out/Entertainment: $300
Actually Spent: $199.46
Total: $303.03 (-$3.03)
Ok, maybe I'll keep this right at $300... eep. Just a breakdown, for myself. Lots of eating out in the last 2 weeks...
$4.5 beer
$2.25 beer
$32 On the Bone Steakhouse
$16 Madison lunch
$15? Sbarro lunch
$10 cloves
$29 Big Daddy's Diner
$2 Dunkin
$10 cloves
$1.50 Snapple
$7 Girl Scout cookies
$16.71 Burger King
$5 The Cuban
$6 movies
$6.50 lunch
$36 bar
$36 bar
Shopping Budget: $0
Actually Spent: $5 {ulta}
Total: -$25
Gifts Budget: $0
Actually Spent: $9 {cards}
Total:-$169
Medical Budget: $0
Actually Spent: $0
Total: -$45 {spent in first 2 weeks}
Travel: $0
Actually Spent: $0 (hotel bill from 4/13 wedding didn't come in yet)
Total: -$238 (from Florida trip last month)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAY Budget
- Rent:$857
- Transportation:$223 +$100 {next month I will have no extra money on my TransitCheck from work, so will have to pay the total transportation cost - $300- out of pocket. So I'm putting $100 aside for that this month}
- Comcast (Internet+Cable): $238
- Phone: $100
- Loans: $165
- Credit Report: $17
- Netflix:$5
- Groceries: $200
- Eating out/Entertainment: $300
- **Medical: $25
- **Travel: $100 {I already know I owe C $70 for the hotel from last month that he put on his CC, so really this will only be $30 into the Travel fund}
- ** Shopping: $100
- ** Gifts: $150 {Mother's Day + several birthdays will make this a big gift giving month}
- ** Misc: $50
- Giving: $50
I think this categorization will help me keep these more organized in my mind as well. I think this covers just about everything.
I think other costs such as sending mail and taking the PATH will go under "Misc."
I will try very hard to stay in budget, especially for gifts. I really like giving great gifts, sometimes regardless of cost. So this will be a definite challenge.
That last bullet, Giving, is only for this month. My friend is doing a walk for Lupus, and I want to support her with a donation. Usually I give in other ways, like time, clothing, or food, but since I am not walking this year, I want to give a little.
I don't anticipate there being any "extra" money. If there is, I will put it towards either travel or savings. I think.
Ok,... I think that's all for now. Wish me luck!


I think I'm going to start keeping track of my money like this on here. I think it'll keep me in check!
ReplyDelete