My monthly budget:
- Rent:$857
- Transportation:$300
- Comcast (Internet+ Cable): $228
- Phone: $100
- Loans: $165
- Groceries: $200
- Netflix:$5
- Credit Report: $17
- Eating out/Entertainment: $300
- Savings: $240
This is usually what my monthly budget looks like. And yes, this is *my* budget, not me+BF budget. We live together, but are not married and do not have a joint account, so this is just for my half/expenses. Except The Comcast- that I pay in full, and he pays electric in full... it's roughly the same. This month, however, I have to add in for travel, since I don't have a "travel fund". We are going to Phillies Spring Training in Clearwater, FL!! This sounded like a fabulous idea when I bought the BF tickets for Christmas, but now, not so much! It's gonna be expensive! I'm sure we'll have fun though. And I am so tired of this dreary weather! It will be a great break for us to just get away, breathe, and soak in some sunshine!
Then in April, I'm planning on going to Puerto Rico to visit my grandpa, Godson, and BFF. I found some great "Spring Break" airfares, and my mom and grandpa have been strongly urging me to go, so I'm going to. Plus, I haven't seen my BFF and Godson since his baptism like 2 years ago!! So very excited to see them. The only downfall is that C can't come because his school (he's a teacher) has a policy that they can't take off the days right before or right after a school break, and the cheapest days to fly (and only way I'm even able to afford going) is flying on Tuesday and Thursday. Boo :(
Tonight I'm meeting with my mom so she can help me create an "Action Plan" for tackling my student loan debt. I've received some paperwork recently that I don't totally understand, so she's going to help. We may even have to get like a debt lawyer or something. We'll see. But first, we have to sort through the chaos.
Anyway, there's a look into my financial world! I know there's lots of room for improvement, but it's where I'm at right now. Got any tips for me? How's your budget looking?



Your traveling sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteThat's going to be such an awesome trip!
ReplyDelete