Well hello! I finally made it back! Sorry for the slight book hiatus!
This one took me quite a while to get through (much like the first). This week I finished:
Summary (from amazon.com):
Mikael Blomkvist, crusading journalist and publisher of the magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation between Eastern Europe and Sweden, implicating well-known and highly placed members of Swedish society, business, and government.
But he has no idea just how explosive the story will be until, on the eve of publication, the two investigating reporters are murdered. And even more shocking for Blomkvist: the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to Lisbeth Salander.
As Blomkvist, alone in his belief in Salander’s innocence, plunges into an investigation of the slayings, Salander herself is drawn into a murderous hunt in which she is the prey, and which compels her to revisit her dark past in an effort to settle with it once and for all.
My Summary:
So. I finished this book and threw up my hands in disgust. (Luckily I was in the privacy of my own home, so the only one confused was C.) "WTF!" is what I believe I said. Here is my issue: it took me 300 just to get seriously interested in the book. And that took about a month because I wasn't all that interested, but don't like starting books and not finishing. Then the last 173 I tried to devour in one night (it took two). But I like clean endings. I know it's a trilogy and all, but I still like some loose ends tied up by the time I finish a book. So that was annoying.
And then... There were sooo many subplots that seemed completely useless and extraneous. And too many names (again). And I don't like people being thrown in 3/4 of the way into the story (a boxer? what? why?).
I think this would have been a lot better if I hadn't seen the movie which told me why she was in a ward before I had finished this book. But, I still want to know what happens. So I guess I'll finish out the series. But I'm still annoyed.



i remember being annoyed too with the endings to the books...and i thought there were a lot more useless/weird storylines too!
ReplyDeletehappy friday :)
You sound like me! I can't not finish a book that I've started even though I hate it. I actually have this series on my list to read next. You review sounds very much like how I felt with Odd Thomas...it took me two months to finish that book!
ReplyDeleteI love this series but the ending of that book is definitely frustrating.
ReplyDeleteI agree, the books are too long but trust me this one is better than the last one.
ReplyDeleteI also can't stop reading unless a book is absolutely awful!
ReplyDeleteI had a friend read this one and it took her forever to get into this one and she never read the others. I think she was reading it for 6 months. LOL
ReplyDelete