This week I'm sharing...
"Mindy Kaling has lived many lives: the obedient child of immigrant professionals, a timid chubster afraid of her own bike, a Ben Affleck–impersonating Off-Broadway performer and playwright, and, finally, a comedy writer and actress prone to starting fights with her friends and coworkers with the sentence “Can I just say one last thing about this, and then I swear I’ll shut up about it?”
I absolutely loved this book!! I wasn't too sure about it, because I barely knew who she was, but the title caught my attention (yes, I'm that easy haha). She is so relatable. I loved the way I could actually hear her saying everything in the book. I especially loved her best friend rules, or “Best Friend Rights and Responsibilities”, which outlines her rules for being a bff. (P.S. There are some really good rules there!) I also love the way it's broken up- there are random lists, rules, anecdotes of her childhood, pictures...a little something for everyone. I would definitely recommend!!!


I love Mindy Kaling! This one is definitely on my to-read list. :)
ReplyDeleteAhh I can't wait to read this book!! I'm on a waiting list at the library!
ReplyDeleteSO GOOD. I just finished this one - laughed out loud during a great majority of the book!
ReplyDeleteEveryone is reading this - I need to get my hands on it! :) I know of Mindy - she's been in a few Judd Apatow movies and is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun, light read...loved it! Let me know if you agree once you read it!
ReplyDeleteoh my word. this is def. an older post in your line up but GIRL. I'm SO excited to read this book.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure mindy kaling is destined to be my bestie if we should ever meet. In a totally non creepy way.
I keep seeing this book everywhere! I need to get it!
ReplyDelete