Friday, January 27, 2012

Book Club Friday: Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3)


This week I read...

"Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. "

I read this last installment in just a few short days. I have to say, though it did move fairly quickly, it was slower than the other two. I can't say too much without giving the whole thing away, but I will say that I was extremely surprised by the ending. And I was unhappy with the outcome of the love triangle, though the presumed future sounds adorable. 

Did you read this? What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha....I love the cartoon posted. I thought the ending was sweet. It just kind of worked and made sense in a way that the alternative wouldn't have. As she said...she needed the 'dandelion', not the 'fire' to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Definitely slower than the other two, and I was a bit sad at the way it ended. Kind of anti-climatic, also, even though I still loved it.

    Love the cartoon, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this book. I think it's easily my favorite of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about to start these! I cant wait after reading what everyone else has said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the series! I still haven't read it, but it's on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete