Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Club Friday: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)


A few weeks ago I read...

From Wikipedia: "Catching Fire is the second book in The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. As the sequel to the 2008 bestseller The Hunger Games, it continues the story of Katniss Everdeen and the fictional, futuristic nation of Panem. Following the events of the previous novel, a rebellion against the ruling Capitol has begun, and Katniss and fellow tribute Peeta are forced to return to the arena in a special edition of the Hunger Games."

This story had sooo many great twists and turns. I read it in only a few short days... it was so good! We get a closer look into Katniss's head and her internal war of who she cares for most, romantically speaking. We also get a greater sense of the rebellion in the districts, as Katniss is pushed into becoming the symbol for the people against the Capitol. The Capitol proves to be even more ruthless than originally thought as well. This story is about survival, love, and family... I seriously cannot wait to read the third and final book in this series! And I definitely recommend these books if you haven't already!

Pinned Image

3 comments:

  1. I've heard such good things about this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Catching Fire. The whole Hunger Games series is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire is my favorite - the third is quite disappointing...it felt like Collins just got sick of writing :(

    ReplyDelete