Thursday, September 20, 2018

Top 10: Books on my Fall TBR List

With my Goodreads and Erin's 9.0 Challenges completed, I've decided to work through two other reading challenges that I've been participating in  that I haven't mentioned yet- Around the Year in 52 Books (40/52) and the PopSugar Reading Challenge (23/40). I probably won't finish them both but it's fun to try, and I like making lists and reading out of my comfort zone. I also like reading books set in the season we're in (as in, I'm not going to be reading Summer Sisters during Christmas time- it just feels weird). With Fall (and Halloween!) upon us, I've put together a list of books I'm hoping to get through this season. You'll notice a lot of thrillers, which is one of my favorite genres, but one I've neglected recently. I'm also trying to read books I currently own, either digitally or hardcopies. Here's what's on the list so far. 


1. The Haunting of Hill House- Shirley Jackson
Category: Mentioned in another book (The Grownup- Gillian Flynn)
Notes: I just got this one from the library, and I just noticed that it's going to be made into a Netflix show (coming 10/12). 

Image result for the haunting of hill house

2. A Secondhand Life- Pamela Crane
Category: Body part in the title
Notes: I'm not even sure how I came upon this one; I think I was putting in a request for another book that wasn't available yet at my library, and this popped up as a recommendation? It's listed as a standalone with characters also seen in a short called A Sceondhand Lie, but that wasn't available. The premise sounds interesting though: A girl gets murdered, her organ's donated, and now the killer wants the organ recipient too. 

Image result for a second hand life

3. The Thinnest Air- Minka Kent
Category: Book linked to one of the 4 elements: Air
Notes: This one is a Kindle Unlimited pick. I've heard of Minka Kent before and this seems to be her latest work. 

Image result for the thinnest air

4. The Lies We Told- Camilla Way (expected 10/18)
Category: Netgalley
Notes: This one came recommended on the Show Us Your Books linkup,  and Netgalley gave me an arc, so yay! 

Image result for the lies we told

5. Nine Perfect Strangers- Liane Moriarty (expected 11/6)
Category: n/a
Notes: I just really like the premise of this one. I'm on the wait list, at #99 on 6 copies. Gah! 

Image result for nine perfect strangers

6. Sadie- Courtney Summers
Category: Own
Notes: This is one of two Courtney Summer books sitting on my bookshelf (the other being Some Girls Are, also waiting to be read). I received an arc of this from the publisher and now seems like the perfect time to read it! 

Image result for sadie book

7. Playing With Matches- Hannah Orenstein
Category: Published in 2018
Notes: I started this one a while ago but put it down when some of my holds came in from the library. I really like it so far though, and it'll serve as a nice break some all the psychological/suspense thrillers I have lined up! 

Image result for playing with matches book

8. Brief Chronicle of Another Stupid Heartbreak- Adi Alsaid (expected 4/30/19)
Category: Netgalley
Notes: I've mentioned before that it's either feast or famine with Netgalley requests, so this one came in during a feast period. I like the idea that the main character chronicles the planned ending and last few months of a relationship. It gives it a slightly voyeuristic feel. 

Image result for brief chronicle of another stupid heartbreak by adi alsaid

9. Girls' Night Out- Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke
Category: Netgalley
Notes: Acclaimed authors, intriguing premise, positive reviews!

Image result for girls night out book

10. After Nightfall- A.J. Banner
Category: Netgalley
Notes: Acclaimed author, intriguing premise, positive reviews!

Image result for after nightfall

Bonus: The Yellow Wallpaper- Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Category: A ghost story
Image result for the yellow wallpaper


Have you read any of these? 
What's on deck for you this season?

Linking up with The Artful Reader! 

No comments:

Post a Comment