Thursday, September 1, 2016

Currently: September


Reading: *Sigh* Another month of no reading for me. I really need to get back into this habit. Maybe I'll try again this weekend. 

Listening to: Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer. Because some guys in the back of my office play music daily, and today appears to be Jersey themed. 

Watching: Finished Stranger Things- LOVED it! Currently Married At First Sight, Grey's Anatomy (S8), and starting the Fall Film Challenge that Jenn is hosting! 

Decorating: My work space,... slowly. I just would like to put up some more prints or pics.




Hearting: Date nights/days lately. Two weekends ago we did a day trip to a winery with another couple, last weekend we went to a baseball game, and last night we did a Paint Night at Pinot's Palette. This is why I love summer. We get out more and do lots of fun stuff! 




Pinning:
Beer Olympics Bash 2016:
I didn't do this, but what a fun idea for the next Summer Olympics!
(via

Cocktails As Easy As 1, 2, 3 - 5 O'Clock Fashionistas:
Creating a well/fully stocked bar is on my 101 List
(via)

Elle Sees|| Beauty Blogger in Atlanta: 7 Tips to Refresh Makeup (Without Having…:
Elle Sees shares how to refresh makeup without reapplying

Pumpkin Beer Guide - Sage:
Because Fall is coming... Ratings of 11 Pumpkin beers
STYLE & INSPIRATION  Add a little edge to your wardrobe! Hand…
This 100% vegan Gunas bag. The back says
"When a girl is fiercely vegan, she's simply fabulous!"

Anticipating: A long weekend of mostly no plans besides a BBQ on Saturday. I've gone out every night this week and while it was fun, I'm ready for a break!

Trying: A new Sunday night routine, in which I make Blue wear face masks with me while we wind down. So far, it's going splendidly! 



Wishing: That I could go to this Gilmore Girls Fan Festival, but it's just soooo dang expensive! Tickets are $175, and that doesn't include lodging or real food. 

Hoping:To be successful in my spending freeze for September. I mentioned yesterday that I've been spending way too much and need to reign it in for at least one month and get back on track. 

To-Do Listing: A purge. Now that things have settled down a little bit at work, and I've ordered another Thred Up bag, I'm hoping to do a full closet cleanout again. In fact, I've already started taking some pics *gasp*! 


What's new/currently with you? 
Linking up with Kristen and Gretch

15 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing a paint nite date, but I can rarely find ones where you paint a picture where two halves make a whole, not just each of you painting the same picture. Or are you & Blue just super creative and adapted your paint nite to make it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday face mask night is a must! i paper myself every sunday evening to prep myself for the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinot's Palette! I am the least artistic person on the planet so I thought I'd hate it but somehow my painting turned out good! I am loving Married at First Sight, I've been watching since the first season. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Stranger Things! I was reluctant to watch it and then I ended up enjoying it at least as much as Ryan. It's nice to watch something that confuses you because then after each episode, we'd talk about our theories on what the heck was going on. Paint nights are also awesome. I was just debating what to do with all our extra paintings and decided they're all going up! Screw the house decoration themes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness--how cute is your painting! I went to that place about a year ago. My bf and I couldn't stop laughing because as we were painting, we thought we were so unbelievably artistic and talented... and it wasn't until I sobered up the next day that I realized BOTH of our Empire State Buildings looked like nipples. That's what you get for drunk painting I guess but it was a great time!

    I need watch this Stranger Things--everyone keeps talking to me about it lately! And MAFS--I haven't watched in ages, but LOVE that show (all things Bachelor always for the win though) :)

    PS: Owe you an email!! I always love to meet a fellow Jersey girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun dates! I'm actually looking forward to fall for that reason because I hate being hot and sweaty all day long so cooler temps actually inspire me to get out more, haha. I have San Gennaro, apple picking, Warwick Winery, drive-in movie, and a few other fun things on the fall date list :)

    OMG, I saw that GG fan fest thing and was immediately relieved I have unbreakable plans that weekend because I would probably justify my trip to it despite that ticket price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bon Jovi. A few of his songs are on one of my playlists I frequent. You have me wanting a pumpkin beer. It's so hard to feel like fall is coming when it is still hot as fuck outside and I cant have no pumpkin beers either. Or beer cheese at football parties. Sigh.

    Your paint night and masks are such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked Stranger Things! It was SO good & I just saw yesterday that they'll be doing another season! Awhoo hoo! :)

    I also like the painting you guys did. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to watch Stranger Things! I have so many shows going on right now though and Michael never wants to watch TV because he's obsessed with rereading HP right now... Soon!

    I really need to purge too. I got home last night intending to do that...but of course it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we really liked stranger things! we watched the whole thing in one day lol.
    oh my gosh $175?!!! that is highway robbery right there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Stranger Things, and it's not my typical type of show.

    Love the new face mask routine! I've been aiming for three times a week and hitting it once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new mask routine. You ladies are rocking those face masks. I love Elle's post about refreshing your makeup. It was such great advice. Hope you have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! I need to get back into the habit of doing face masks and scrubs! :) I have also been reading less, but hoping that more time in Fall and Winter will let me read more. We've been so swamped all summer. Those dates sound SUPER fun. KC and I have mostly been netflixing... but that's OK after so many months of travel, and busy, busy, busy! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those painting nights! They're so much fun :) Ending your day with a face mask is always a good idea. I usually do that too, and while it's drying I'll read a book. Best way to wind down! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should really put myself on a spending freeze for September too. It is so hard sometimes! We haven't finished Stranger Things yet but I really want to. Not enough hours in the day sometimes!

    Beth
    http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete