Wednesday, August 31, 2016

July/August Budget- Time For A Freeze

July/August Budget


Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

GlamGlow "Glamizing" Supermud Set: $69
Hunter "Original Refined" Boots: $195, on sale for $129.90
Kate Spade Mini Small Square Studs: $32, on sale for $20.90
Silver and Gold Hoops: $26 ea. (returned)
Sunnylife Tablet Case with Portable Speaker: $35.98 (returned)


TJ Maxx

Silver Knot Studs: $20
Gold Wing Studs: $10
Vince Camuto Sleeveless Blue Top: $25
Red Bag: $25 (returned)
3/4 Sleeve Maroon Top with Zippers on Shoulders: $20
Navy Shirt Dress: $30 (returned)
2017 Planner: $5 (not pictured- returned)


Other 
Target Beauty Box: $10 
Old Navy Cardigans: $37 ea, on sale for $11 ea (ThredUp credit used)
Pyrex 18pc Glass Food Storage with Multi-colored Lids: $30.49, on sale for $25 (Amazon)


It's been two months since my last check-in, and WOW am I glad I stopped to do this now. My monthly budget is $83 and my quarterly budget is $250. See that number below? WAY OVER. I'm wondering if I should include things like Pyrex because that's more of a "Home" purchase than Clothing/Beauty, but I don't currently have a "Home" category since I rarely, if ever, buy things for my home. Anyway, I said I was going to do a freeze in August and I totally did not. Instead, I went in the exact opposite direction. Some of this couldn't be avoided because with the new job I had new needs- like a bag that could fit a laptop and lunch and whatever else I deemed necessary for the day, and some new clothes, particularly cardigans. 



Total Monthly Spending: $304.80
Total Quarterly Spending: $304.80
Annual Budget Remaining = $313


So it's time for a spending freeze. Here are my rules for the freeze:

Allowed:
groceries
lunch out 2x week
pre-budgetted purchases/dining out

Do Not Pass Go:
clothing/shoes/accessories
coffee/specialty drinks (I have a gift card from DD- so no purchases over the $10 limit)
books/movies/iTunes/extra entertainment fees
Groupon/Living Social/Amazon Local/Goldstar [this will be the hardest]

I'll post an update on Thursday, September 29.




When was the last time you went waaaayy over budget? 
How did you reign in spending?
Linking up with Franish for Budgeting Bloggers

5 comments:

  1. Last time I went way over budget was last month, hence my spending freeze this month! Ha! I can't wait for it to be over tomorrow...I have big plans to go shopping after work. Hopefully I'll be able to show some restraint or else October will be another shopping ban month (but it's my birthday month, so that wouldn't be too hard).

    Good luck with your ban! I know they can be tough (since I've quit two and this is the first one I've completed, ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those Silver Knot Studs are so pretty!!! Not the point of the post I know. Haha. I say the Pyrex things don't count. So go ahead and cross those off. Good luck on your ban.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl! I really need to to something like this. I suppose with tomorrow being a new month, that would be a good time to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the anniversary sale did you in, that being said I don't see how you could not buy those when they were on such a good deal. I have separate budget categories for everything, so I would agree with you. The Pyrex shouldn't count against your bottom-line because buying tupperware isn't fun, it's more like groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home things are a different thing!

    I also stomped all over the Anniversary Sale this year. I got two pairs of stud earrings which I really don't wear but all of the sudden love.

    How do you like the Target beauty box?

    ReplyDelete