Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer Bucket List Check In

Back in May, I first shared my Summer Bucket List, or all the fun stuff I wanted to do this summer. I know summer isn't over until after Labor Day September 22nd, but I figured now was as good a time as any to check in and see what I've done and what's left. 


Summer Bucket List


Go Camping


Go to the beach at least 3 times
1st of the Season 5/30
 Blue's Birthday 7/28
Long Branch with Mom 8/15




Go on a booze cruise
Completed 8/16! [update tomorrow!]


Visit somewhere new/go on a road trip


Binge on OITNB 



Attend at least one food festival


Go to a fair/ carnival
Passaic County Fair @ Garrett Mountain 8/14

Watch fireworks
Completed 7/3 and 8/14


Go to the Renaissance Faire (it's tradition!)


Attend a Phillies game
Booked for August!

See an outdoor movie
Planned for August!

Visit a winery/brewery
Booked for early September!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too shabby! The only thing I changed from my original list was "Go to a fair/carnival," which originally said "Go to the zoo" until I realized both me and the animals really didn't want to walk around when it was so hot outside. I think I'll save that activity for spring or fall. There's only 2 things I didn't complete (and are not booked/scheduled):

Start (and finish) at least one craft or DIY
Go on a hike... with a picnic at the end

But ya know what? I did a lot of other stuff that wasn't on this list. Like...
finished 2 grad classes,
saw Jerry Seinfeld live,
went to Foxwoods Resort and Casino and The Cheesecake Factory for the fist time,
had my first ever Kentucky Mule (in a copper mug),
tried some new recipes and read some great books, 
became a NY Rangers fan,
cut my cable and survived a spending freeze,
and met a few of my favorite bloggers.

I'd say by and large, it's been a pretty fantastic summer!
How has your summer been? Did you do everything you wanted to? 

THE CIRCLE LINK-UP

14 comments:

  1. Wow what a great bucket list and you've already accomplished so much! Loving all the photos and looking forward to reading about that booze cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! You've done a lot of cool stuff. I've been wanting to do a booze cruise for years... The zoo is totally better in the spring and fall. When it's hot all the animals are hiding out wherever it's coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have had a great summer. I totally didn't do as much as I wanted to on my summer bucket list. That is ok, there is always the fall. haha I'm so excited for fall. Mainly because I'm over this heat and humidity. My hair hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done so much! My summer has been pretty lazy and tame. But it's still been good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job of getting out and about this summer! I think I'm going to make a winter bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous that you saw Train in concert. They are one of my favorite bands! Sounds like you had an awesome, jam-packed summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go with this list! You're having an awesome summer, it sounds like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun summer! I LOVE that you really packed your summer in with so many truly summer activities (wow, that was a lot of summers in that sentence). :) The bloggers' beach day sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    Thanks for linking up--and for being patient with the link-up tool delay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a productive summer ~ a great example of living life to the fullest!! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That renaissance fair looks like fun. I went to one years ago when I was younger however would have no idea now where it was/if it's still held. You've inspired me to research it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you've had an awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun summer!!! i live just outside philly, and i got to see the phillies this summer, too! :) also, the fray and matt nathanson are awesome--that concert sounds AMAZING! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woow, that sounds like an awesome summer. You checked off so many things of your bucket list!! I'm quite jealous about the concerts ;) Enjoy the rest of your summer

    x, Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food truck festival sounds awesome. I wish didn't live so far away from the Meadowlands.

    ReplyDelete