Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Favorites

Favorite Song: Walking the Moon - Avalanche


Favorite Read: Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding


From Goodreads: "Move over 007, a stunning, sexy-and decidedly female-new player has entered the world of international espionage. Her name is Olivia Joules... and she's ready to take America by storm with charm, style, and her infamous Overactive Imagination.How could a girl not be drawn to the alluring, powerful Pierre Ferramo-he of the hooded eyes, impeccable taste, unimaginable wealth, exotic international homes, and dubious French accent? Could Ferramo really be a major terrorist bent on the Western world’s destruction, hiding behind a smokescreen of fine wines, yachts, and actresses slash models? Or is it all just a product of Olivia Joules’s overactive imagination?"

My Thoughts: This was the book chosen for book club. I had a hard time getting into it, because I thought that Olivia was just some lowly news reporter who really did just have an overactive imagination. However it definitely picked up about halfway through, and I liked the bit of romance thrown in as well. Definitely a light, but fun read.


Favorite Gift: my new diamond nose stud!


Favorite Moment: Getting a free whiskey ginger after the waitress gave me the wrong drink- a whiskey coke- the first time around


Favorite Quote: 

Favorite Links: 
Ben and Jerry's is offering ice cream burritos on 4/20 (Monday). Can't wait to try it!

In other Ben and Jerry's news, they are teaming up with New Belgium Brewing and bringing us a salted caramel brownie brown beer due out this fall! 

I love any article that promotes my cheese-loving habits. 

I want to go on every.single. one. of these. 

This woman is sick. (If you are an animal lover, you probably don't want to click that link.) Almost as sick as that Texas cheerleader/huntress from a few years ago, who appears to have gotten her TV show. I'm glad someone brought this to our attention. The benefits of social media. 

My dork-o-meter went off the charts when I saw the new Star Wars trailer. No Shame. 

Favorite Funnies: 
Taxes
Teach your children about #Tax...Eat 30% of their #IceCream!


See this Tax Day Joke !


I think we've all faced "intaxication" in one way or another!


But seriously...


3 comments:

  1. Tax day was a nightmare this year. Oy.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh pretty stud! And I love that quote, thanks for sharing! I didn't clock those links but I did hover and just the URL titles that showed up made me want to puke. Absolutely disgusting. Okay okay, back to happy thoughts... Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on your blog for the past two weeks. That's a nice stud!

    ReplyDelete